Homebrew Elf/Dol Forwarder for Custom Channels

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
This channel is great. Thanks to all you people who made this! Only 21 blocks of memory too. Glad to see it's Alpha 3.
biggrin.gif

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patryc said:
This channel is great. Thanks to all you people who made this! Only 21 blocks of memory too. Glad to see it's Alpha 3.
biggrin.gif

The channel itself isn't alpha3 as you call it. It will load whatever version you have on your sd in /apps/geexbox/boot.elf.

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Patryc said:
biggrin.gif

The channel itself isn't alpha3 as you call it. It will load whatever version you have on your sd in /apps/geexbox/boot.elf.

Oh Yes!! Even better! So when it updates I can just change the boot.elf.
Just one question. If I change the boot elf (from Geebox) to another app(elf), will it also boot that? I know the banner will be wrong.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SpaceJump said:
Nice banner Sonic DX. Can you please make a version with the banner without that TV and no sound? Also could you make a wad for the elf_forwarder generic version (look at the first post)?...

Maybe a banner like this?! I just took it from the official homepage so no credits for me
tongue.gif

gx-boot-full.jpg

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patryc said:
SpaceJump said:
Patryc said:
biggrin.gif

Oh Yes!! Even better! So when it updates I can just change the boot.elf.
Just one question. If I change the boot elf (from Geebox) to another app(elf), will it also boot that? I know the banner will be wrong.

For that purpose you can use the generic version of the elf forwarder (see first post).

Edit: Master Mo, that would make a nice banner
wink.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible for some kind person to make a small tutorial about how to use the generic version to make a blank channel for any app. Does the elf_dol_forwarder folder go in the root of SD cars or in apps folder?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patryc said:
Would it be possible for some kind person to make a small tutorial about how to use the generic version to make a blank channel for any app. Does the elf_dol_forwarder folder go in the root of SD cars or in apps folder?

I updated the first post with more clear instructions. I also updated the readme that comes with the archieve
smile.gif

@djdynamite: There don't have to be just one version. I'm just asking for an alternative.

As I wrote before a dol_forwarder will follow in the next few days. It will load a .dol from the folder "elf_dol_forwarder".

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
SpaceJump said:
Patryc said:

I updated the first post with more clear instructions. I also updated the readme that comes with the archieve
smile.gif

@djdynamite: There don't have to be just one version. I'm just asking for an alternative.

As I wrote before a dol_forwarder will follow in the next few days. It will load a .dol from the folder "elf_dol_forwarder".

Thanks SpaceJump for all your help
rolleyes.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks. It's the KDU 4.1 Wallpaper (Info: KDU is Linux
wink2.gif
). Banner done, look here:

What else do we need? This is the baner, i think we need also a channel-icon...can someone please give me the Size?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
A quicky:

Banner:

Channel:

Something else needed?

Oh, and Alpha4 works fine for me. I installed your Channel and it loads Alpha4 from SD without problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn