Hacking Efuses should we keep them or too much hassle

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How important it saving efuses burning or is it to much work and hassle saving them wats most ppl doing on here?

SpartanHexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you burn them you will lose the ability to load homebrew.

Wrong, with efuses burnt you won't be able to boot lower firmware versions without a payload, and even if you boot them, sleep mode will be broken because waking from sleep also checks for the fuses. You won't lose the ability to load homebrew, it will just be a really big hassle if the current firmware can't run them.

Reactions: Vorde

DarthItachiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong, with efuses burnt you won't be able to boot lower firmware versions without a payload, and even if you boot them, sleep mode will be broken because waking from sleep also checks for the fuses. You won't lose the ability to load homebrew, it will just be a really big hassle if the current firmware can't run them.

I think is kind of the same answer just more specific, because if you keep updating burning fuses and can't RCM your switch anymore then you can't launch homebrew but its fine. Just avoid burning them.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got switch on 4.1 didn’t know if I’m making more hassle and work by not burning them? there’s no brick risk running my snsnand on lower from my emuNAND ?

SpartanHexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got switch on 4.1 didn’t know if I’m making more hassle and work by not burning them? there’s no brick risk running my snsnand on lower from my emuNAND ?
The safest bet is not to burn them. I don't think there is any risk in running a sysnand on lower firmware than emuNAND. Anyway you should always keep a rawnand and boot1 and 2 backups ready, just incase.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
It just depends on what you want. If you dont plan on downgrading, then just "burn" them. If you want to update but be able to go back to 4.1 at any time because whatever reason (mostly deja vu/other software exploits) then yes, keep them.

So again, do you want to update and just keep doing like always or want to go back to your old firmware at some point? Its on you.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too much work in my opinion. Also, afaik it's possible that Nintendo could check the fuse count in a way that hasn't been patched by CFW, and then send it with telemetry data. You're potentially elevating your risk for a ban.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It just depends on what you want. If you dont plan on downgrading, then just "burn" them. If you want to update but be able to go back to 4.1 at any time because whatever reason (mostly deja vu/other software exploits) then yes, keep them.

So again, do you want to update and just keep doing like always or want to go back to your old firmware at some point? Its on you.

If I can avoid having to fixing things or doing much work on console and avoid autorcm but keep playing newer games. Thing of running sys
The safest bet is not to burn them. I don't think there is any risk in running a sysnand on lower firmware than emuNAND. Anyway you should always keep a rawnand and boot1 and 2 backups ready, just incase.

If I can avoid having to fixing things or doing much work on console and avoid autorcm but keep playing newer games. Thinking of running sysnand 4.1 and emuNAND 6.2 might be the best bet for me for now

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
If I can avoid having to fixing things or doing much work on console and avoid autorcm but keep playing newer games. Thinking of running sysnand 4.1 and emuNAND 6.2 might be the best bet for me for now

Yes, i think you can do that. Updating EmuNAND via choidujournx wont burn fuses and you can launch EmuNAND without worrying about that. You can leave your sysnand with 4.1

Only "but" is that you cant play online with that setup, or maybe you can with EmuNAND but you would get ban.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, i think you can do that. Updating EmuNAND via choidujournx wont burn fuses and you can launch EmuNAND without worrying about that. You can leave your sysnand with 4.1

Only "but" is that you cant play online with that setup, or maybe you can with EmuNAND but you would get ban.

Yeah it’s just for offline gaming and waiting for this deja va . I won’t need autocpm? and my sleep will work?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Yeah it’s just for offline gaming and waiting for this deja va . I won’t need autoc and my sleep will work

Personally, i would not recommend you to wait for Deja Vu. I have been here since the Switch release and i cant tell you how many post like this i have seen. "I wont update, would wait for the software exploit". More than a year with that and nothing as of now. You would get used to launching the payload. You can even do it from an Android device.

Again, thats just my opinion. Who knows, from what im seeing now we could get Deja Vu in the near future, but if you are basing your decision in something that you dont know when is gonna happen, then you would probably wait a lot.

Reactions: Vorde

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, i would not recommend you to wait for Deja Vu. I have been here since the Switch release and i cant tell you how many post like this i have seen. "I wont update, would wait for the software exploit". More than a year with that and nothing as of now. You would get used to launching the payload. You can even do it from an Android device.

Again, thats just my opinion. Who knows, from what im seeing now we could get Deja Vu in the near future, but if you are basing your decision in something that you dont know when is gonna happen, then you would probably wait a lot.

But il still be able to update emuNAND? so won’t miss out on much even if it dosnt happen?

Reactions: alexj9626

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well apparently deja Vu is "dead" and the latest payloads can now use sleep on downgraded fw that have burnt fuses.

At this point, it doesn't look like there's many reasons to care about your fuse count.?

Conex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Latest hekate can ignore efuses on lower firm if they are burnt, sleep mode now works regardless.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

Fast forward to later the same day...

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How important it saving efuses burning or is it to much work and hassle saving them wats most ppl doing on here?
Not burning fuses = ability to downgrade the console. It's not a complicated procedure, you just use ChoiDujourNX instead of updating via system settings. If you are looking for a coldboot in the future, save fuses. If you don't care as long as you can use cfw, burn them to the ground

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if every single one of the anti-downgrade fuses are burned, you should still be able to boot payloads from USB with the RCM exploit.

There's really no point to keeping fuses since hekate supports warmboot with burnt fuses now.

Last edited by uyjulian,

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if every single one of the anti-downgrade fuses are burned, you should still be able to boot payloads from USB with the RCM exploit.

There's really no point to keeping fuses since hekate supports warmboot with burnt fuses now.
Maybe tetherless?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...