Misc EDUP 11g Wifi dongle - help?

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I picked this up for cheap... should have known better
mad.gif
I've had it for three months or so and have only got wifi working once, only to cause a fatal XP error. The installation CD seems to be missing files; online research has given very little helpful advice. I'm pretty much convinced this thing is junk, but if anyone has had any luck with it, please post!

Philips

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first you install the programm on the cd, then you plug the dongle in.
after that another install window will pop up and asks you about the drivers. Now you have to pick them manually
out of the cd driver directory and THEN it should work.

It is all explained here: http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=26010
I had the same problems but after some tries it worked.

Kashmir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if its 11g..i read somewhere that DS uses 11b and you need a 11b or 11b/g adapter, not one that is 11g only. That could be the issue with yours. I've got an 11b/g and i still can't get it to work myself.

skroooagh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help! I'm pretty sure I have the actual hardware working now, I just need to get past my n00bness and work out this DNS stuff. Thanks again!

Kashmir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah. i thought the same. i mean, i can get the access point but i cant connect to the server. i thought it was noobness but its getting rediculous now. ive tried everything. when/if you have any luck, let me know what you did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY