Editing title screens on ds.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by DSAHACKER496, Dec 5, 2011.

Dec 5, 2011
  1. DSAHACKER496
    OP

Newcomer DSAHACKER496 Advanced Member

United States
    Is it possible to edit title screens on the nds?For example,pokemon diamond,pearl,or hgss?

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    The way to do it would be different on every game. For Pokemon games, if anyone has worked out how to do it, chances are it'll already be in some tool available for Pokemon ROM editing. Otherwise, you'll have to reverse engineer it yourself if you want to change it.

3. xxNathanxx

Member xxNathanxx GBAtemp Regular

Tonga
    It's been done for the Pokémon games at least, I remember a translation for HGSS which had the title screens modified so they said Pokémon instead of Pocket Monsters.

4. DSAHACKER496
    OP

Newcomer DSAHACKER496 Advanced Member

United States
    It was also done in pokemon darkdiamond,made by spiky eared pichu.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    What others have said although I will note there is a long tradition of title screens being somewhat complex compared to the rest of the game.

What I did come here to say is if you have an example/existing hack then reverse engineer that- see what files were changed in the hack and work backwards from there. Better yet if you are dealing with pokemon the ribbing it gets for not having changed in *checks* 15 years applies at the code level too so backporting to other members of the console generation is not out of the realm of possibility.