Editing text in Wii Party?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loggy, Feb 5, 2012.

Feb 5, 2012

Editing text in Wii Party? by loggy at 7:55 AM (773 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. loggy
    OP

Newcomer loggy Newbie

United States
    Hello, I am new here, and new to hacking in general. I am trying to edit the text in Wii Party's buddy quiz. I put the game into wiiscrubber, but I have no clue what format text files are, (I think its the .arc.lz, but everytime I decompress the lz file, SZS doesn't load the file) or where it is located. Can anyone help? :)

2. loggy
    OP

Newcomer loggy Newbie

United States
    I'm guessing no one knows :(

3. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    no double posts! read the rules!

it's hard to say where the text files would be located without someone looking around in the ISO, i havent heard of anyone trying to do this to be honest so it's not likely that anyone would be able to tell you off the top of their head,

personally, i struggle in wii scrubber anyways, once you extract an arc file you gotta mess around with that open it or whatever i dunno, it's all complicated to me hahaha

why exactly are you trying to change the text? like the questions or just the general text? just wondering

4. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
    without looking at the iso idk where or what it will be called or even if its packed in a arc but you want to be looking for a brfnt file

5. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    brfnt would be a font that the questions are drawn with. it would not be the text that makes up the questions.

6. diddy81

Member diddy81 Wii Theme Team

United Kingdom
    oh damn lol your right pune as usual i wasn't thinking when i put that
    you should be looking for a bmg file it will most defiantly be packed in a arc

7. loggy
    OP

Newcomer loggy Newbie

United States

Sorry for the double post, I'm new here. Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to edit the questions in the buddy quiz. I didn't know what the format was for text but now I know to look for .bmg files. If I ever find the answers, I will post them here to help other people incase they want to do the same