1. TSP184

OP TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    Hello. I've been trying to edit the .h4m files of Megaman X4 on Megaman X Collection : my goal is to replace the audio with the one from the original Japanese version on PS1, since the American dub is pretty bad. Although, I've only been able to extract the audio as .wav files using h4m_audio_decode, and I'm now stuck and I don't know how to change the audio of said .h4m. Does anyone know a tool that does this ?

2. Titangamer1216

Newcomer

United States
    okay so...I had to do a bit of research on what h4m is. I'm a sound engineer (Nothing professional but I have been doing it for over half a decade so I have some experience) so I figured maybe I could help but I now see the problem and wouldn't even know where to start...h4m is audio encoded into binary...so here's what I got...try it it might work. extract the PS1 audio or find the audio somewhere (if you already have it then great), if you have it in WAV then awesome but if it's in MP3 then convert it to WAV now this is where it gets a little fuzzy for me (a bit of guesswork involved here) but take the file and open it in a hex editor then copy and paste the hex code into a txt document. now open the h4m file in a hex editor and try to locate where the audio data is stored (compare the format of the header in your txt document and try to find it that way) now copy the hex data from your txt document and replace the audio data...I doubt this will work but it might...I don't know how h2m is encoded and how the formatting works I would have to look at it...if it doesn't work (which I suspect it won't) then try reformatting the code if you can to match the formatting of the h2m. I wouldn't know where to start with that as that's a little too advanced for me but uh that's the best I got...I'll try and do some of my own research (if I can find an archived h2m file I'll try and take a look at how it's formatted and compare that to the formatting in WAV and MPEG-type files) if I find more info on things I'll post an update. Other than that I got nothing at the moment.

TSP184 and Sophie-bear like this.
  3. TSP184

OP TSP184 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    This already helps me a lot, thank you very much, man.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - possible, Editing, files