Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathanaël

Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    This is for documentation only. They will delete this on Team Cyclops' forums, since it breaks some of their fancy rules.

[​IMG]

2. impizkit

impizkit Lazy Lurker

Dont think it will get deleted because no rules have been broken. Locked, maybe.

3. Nathanaël

Nauru
    It's not allowed to mention the word "Edge" on Team Cyclops' forums.

Maybe you haven't read Mr Another World's brilliant posting entirely?

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    Well, let's be honest, TC forums is basically running on automatic now anyway. Until TC releases an update or makes some sort of official announcement regarding their carts, what do they really expect the community to do besides speculate, whine, complain and grasp at any tiny hope that we may still get some support?

The mods there do their best to keep the place civil, but even THEY are getting anxious to know ANYTHING about what TC is up to at the moment. Even if the tidbit of info in this thread turns out to be fud, it gives Cyclo fans something to hope for after spending so much money on a flashcart. That's why I posted it there. The iEVO and even the regular EVO still have potential to be very viable carts if they get the support back on track.

I've ranted occasionally on the lack of updates too, but I've come to the conclusion that it's not constructive to do that. It's better to whine a little than to rant and bitch. I think the greater percentage of EVO/iEVO owners actually like the carts, I know I love my EVO, but the lack of updates is disheartening. So if I spot a bit of positive info that might dissuade the anger a bit at TC forums, even if there isn't much proof behind the statement, I'm going to post it there in the hopes that TC might see that there are people out there who still care about their carts and possibly give them some incentive to continue supporting them.

How many times have we seen in the past where people ranted and complained and caused a project to end because of their anger pissing off the project leaders and they just said, "Screw this!"? The anger and bitching about TC gets us nowhere, and it might cause them to rage-quit. But if we show honest concern without all the anger, maybe they will be more likely to feel like they should continue support.

That's my hope anyway.

5. Nathanaël

Nauru
    Rayder, you missunderstand something. This is not about your videogames.

This is about cash.

Cash Team Cyclops made with their cards (Evo, iEvo, Edge, iEdge).

Cash some resellers want - to get rid of their useless cards finally.

They all earn cash with your hopes. Millions.

iEdge is almost the same as iEvo, as you can see. They just deactivated almost every feature. They wanted you to buy the card another time, but not just for $20, but $50.

Team Cyclops worked several years on their "beta firmware", although it took them only five weeks to code that. They just stretched that to keep your hopes alive.

And to earn more cash.

6. Another World

OP Another World Emulate the Planet!
    Former Staff

Colombia
    i've heard a couple of rumors that cyclops is looking for a new programmer to update their kernel. the problem is that cyclops has stopped returning my e-mails and i can't confirm any rumors. it is possible that they are truly lacking someone talented enough to fix their problems, or it could be that they are trying to hold off on releasing the update to generate more internet publicity (as bad as that is).

the ievo works wonderful in ds-mode, with few problems. the dsi-mode side of it will always have some limitations due to the exploit which was used (no wifi). what we are lacking right now is a dsi/3ds ds-mode bootloader update, ds-mode compatibility layer updates when running in dsi-mode, homebrew compatibility updates (both modes), and some recent game fixes.

i think the community cares more about the bootloader update and game fixes than the fact that the dsi-mode and its features are inherently flawed. i wish more people complained about dsi-mode and homebrew compatibility updates than for other reasons.

i guess when it comes down to it, it is all a matter of who is doing the complaining and what they view as the problem. i personally will probably never use a flash kit in my 3ds. i will also probably never update my dsi past 1.4.1 (because on 1.4.2 you can no longer copy the sodokuhax to the NAND). to me those things are not as important as others, but its all a moot point when cyclops has disappeared from the scene.

there are rumors that the firmware update is scheduled for the end of september. i am going to update the ievo review at the start of october, or rather write an update now that i think i can publish because i am banking on the fact that no kernel update will be released and cyclops is actually done with the flash kit scene. anyways, at that point i will call them out for their faults. so they have until then to get their act together and fix the release problems of a 6 month old flash kit.

its appalling to me that i can't run simple things like scummvmds on a flash kit that should offer so much more and costs 2x-4x more than that of the competition. it really does make me laugh at times that my $6 r4 has a higher compatibility than my ievo.

-another world

7. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    I'm just holding out hope for an update until the TC site goes poof, then I'll believe they are gone for good.

8. GH0ST

GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    Another World it is not just a rumor the information was posted long ago in the staff forum by Evolution himself ( we've been pretty busy lately and this has meant I've been on the forums less and updates have been slower. The good news is, we're in the process of taking on another coder who will pick up the slack - however that wont be finalised for another few weeks... ) but there was no news since.

It was not related to the kernel specifically since the message came before the update problem...

I gave that information - shame on me - to calm down the crowd but it was long ago and I don't think we can speculate anything about TC now... Let's wait & see....

9. Nathanaël

Nauru
    This picture circulated in the scene in early November. Almost ten months ago.

[​IMG]

You all knew that Team Cyclops dissapeared for months last year. You knew that they established a kingdom of lies and continue to do so.

You all knew how much cash they made in the past with their ridiculous overpriced cards. You all knew that Edge is a budget product made by Team Cyclops.

And after all these months, people still talk about Team Cyclops? Why? This cards don't work better than a $10 card. Actually, in general it works much worse than an Acekard or an R4 or even a DSTT.

Do you guys even play games on a Ninendo DS? You would have noticed it then. Or do you just talk about your $50-Elite-Card on internet forums to make this guys richer and richer and to get some firmware update every 8 months in return?

10. M3-Cheater

M3-Cheater Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=38174

@Nathanaël: Do you really think TC is rich now? I think they have to join the homeless under a bridge.

11. Nathanaël

Nauru
    Good old times...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT3obt1XTA[/youtube]

A Flashcard Engeneer. XML. RAW. R&D. And some stuff that doesn't work. Well... That was five years ago... History doesn't repeat, does it?

12. bitonio6

bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Swaziland
    The official website is down !

it is down for ever?

13. anton123

anton123 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Edge website is still up for me.

14. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I can confirm that the iEdge is no longer in production and has sold out at the distributor.

I will try to buy source code.

The same may also be true for iEvo unconfirmed

15. bitonio6

Swaziland
    EDGE is sold out, but iEDGE still available on ne market

16. anton123

anton123 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If there's no more firmware updates, that would be pretty disappointing news, though not entirely surprising.

17. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    To me what is crazy is, retailers are still selling this flash card for $45 dollars! I feel sorry for chumps who buy the iEvolution card now. If you bought it in the past it's understandable why. I'm still waiting to see when I can get a $10 iEvolution. I think the time is coming sooner rather than later because some money is better than no money to retailers. Would you buy the iEvolution for $10 dollars, if you don't have it already? :unsure:

18. Cartmanuk

Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

These cards are still going to be updated even after they release the 3Dge and EVO3 the firmware will be similar to the iEdge and iEvo.

I tried to buy source code but there happy to update cards for now.

19. M3-Cheater

M3-Cheater Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Evo3? What? What will we see next?
    And: you tried to buy source code. You can`t be serious... :blink:

20. bitonio6

Swaziland
    This is official, EDGE & iEDGE are totaly out of the market, the factory dont build it anymore!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - phased,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.