EDGE DS not working

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by AmyGrrl, Dec 16, 2012.

1. AmyGrrl
    OP

AmyGrrl Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    Canada
    My original DS Lite stopped working a year ago. Then this week someone gave me a DS Lite they didn't want. So I dusted off my EDGE and tried to use it. But for some reason the DS won't see the EDGE. It just boots into the menu every time. I don't even get the error about missing the edge.dat file. I did setup the 8GB Micro SDHC I had correctly and it still won't boot. I did notice some odd behavior with the DS Lite. When I'm at the menu and insert a real Nintendo DS Game. The system won't see it and the system freezes sometimes. If I then restart the system. The DS will see and load the game. I'm not sure what the issue is and I'm leaning towards to a problem with the DS rather than the EDGE. Only real way to know for sure it to try it on a different DS.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Clean the connectors with a q-tip dipped in some high-volume spirit, make sure that both the slot and the cartridge is pristine clean and try again. Games "bleeping in and out of existence" seems to point at a connector issue. ;)

3. AmyGrrl
    OP

AmyGrrl Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    Canada
    ok. I was thinking of trying that. I just wanted to check first. I will do it tomorrow when I have some time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice