Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon-t Setupv1.7

This Guide Supports: "2.277-Newest"

Ever wanted to play Gamecube games on your Wii without the need of a GC controller or Memcard!?
Well it's possible with Nintendon-t, Now Were going to need a few things:
A USB or SD with 1.30GB (Preferably 2GB or More) of Free Storage. (Formatted As FAT32)
● A Wii (Of Course)
● The Homebrew Channel Installed, With All Necessary IOS's Installed: (58)
Warning: Do NOT install cIOS's on a Wii U!
● A Wii With 80Blocks Of Free Space (For HBC And Save DATA)
●(Optional): Enable Memcard Multi, This Option Saves Save data files as separate files, instead of all in one file;
This can make it easier to backup separate save data files.
A Windows PC (Or Mac/Linux)
Priiloader & Bootmii Installed (As A Precaution, Wii Only!)
● And Last: Some Gamecube Games. (You can use Clean-Rip.)
Step One:
Then Extract The Archive to the apps folder on your SD or USB.
Step Two:
Use Clean Rip on your Wii to dump your Gamecube games to the SD or USB.
Then on a PC create a "games" folder, then create folders of the game names.
Example:
Capture.PNG
Step Three:
Now We need to rename our game ISO's to: "game.iso" and copy them to the folder named as the game.
Try Leaving No Extension on the end when renaming it. (ie: "game")
If the file type is iso still then it is fine, if it says: "File" then add ".iso" to the File Name.
Note: The Example "game.iso" has the file type ".iso", altho it says it's a "Win Rar Archive"
Due To My PC having WinRAR Installed. It is associated with this extension.
Example:
Capture2.PNG
Step Four:
Now Your Games Are Ready To Go!
Lets Start!
Go ahead and insert your USB/SD into your Wii/WiiU.
And Launch the HBC, Then Load "Nintendont".

Kudos! And Sorry For The Mistakes. It was a little rushed. xD
Trouble Shoot'n:
●The Game Crashes or Freezes:
This can be caused by a Number of things, such as;
the game being incompatible or it can be your SD/USB. Due to the Read/Write
Speeds, 2.277-3.319 has better performance.
Fix:
Transfer --> Game --> USB
or
Download A Newer Version Of Nintendont.
●The Loader has errors, such as:
AHB_PROT;
Fix:
You need to disable AHB_PROT:
You didn’t correctly install nintendont. read the install section above.
You need to copy the meta.xml in the same folder than nintendont. You also need the Homebrew Channel v1.0.7 or newer. Old version (HBC v1.0.6 and older) will not work.
If you have a meta.xml, make sure that the tag <ahb_access/> is present in your meta.xml.
The file should be created and updated automatically when launching nintendont.
If you are launching nintendont from an external loader (Wiiflow, USBLoaderGX, etc.) and encounter this error, you are not launching the loader correctly. Don’t launch it from priiloader auto-boot menu, go to The Homebrew channel and be sure your loader has a correct meta.xml file with the <ahb_access/> tag.

●The Loader Crashes or Freezes:
This problem is caused by a theme you have recently applied;
Fix:
Try reloading the theme, deleting, or applying another.
●More Trouble Shooting is available here: http://nintendont.net/troubleshooting-tips/
Heres Are More Detailed & Advanced Forum Post: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Reactions: Margen67

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
● The Homebrew Channel Installed, With All Necessary cIOS's Installed: (222,224,234,236,249,250)
Only official IOS58 is needed for nintendont, we don't want to see more people bricking vWii for installing unnecessary cIOS/IOS.​
In Wii U case you can't install Wii IOS and vice-versa.​
Priiloader & Bootmii Installed
It should noted as Wii only.
Use Clean Rip on your Wii/WiiU to dump your Gamecube games to the SD or USB.
You can only rip disc with Wii, Wii U cannot read Gamecube games.​

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. This pertains only to the Wii, half the information here will either brick or not work on the Wii U
2. cIOSs are by no means required. Nintendont runs on (v)IOS 58, which SHOULD NOT be patched on the Wii U, and on a 4.3 U Wii is already up-to-date, assuming the HackMii installer ran correctly

Thank you for showing file structure, though, that's something that some users need help with a lot of the time (although your game needs to be in ISO format, your's is currently a WinRAR file with the extension renamed to .iso)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's because winrar can open ISO files, so he has the icon associated to that extension.
It doesn't mean that it's a rar file with the extension renamed to iso.

I'm not sure this guide is really needed. some steps are not recommended or missing. It's always good to want to help other users, but I don't know if there's really a lot of users who don't know how to use nintendont, as there's a guide in the first post of nintendont thread. if you think it's needed, that's good. just add more warning, and don't make users install dangerous apps (priiloader or cIOS are not needed for nintendont). Just stick to the minimum requirement : on wii, latest IOS58. On vWii ... Nothing! don't let users think they need to modify their IOS. I managed to stop the IOS58 downgrade brick wave by adding in big red letter to not update on vWii ! I wish it stay like that.

The guide on nintendont first post is not explaining well enough how to install and use nintendont?
If you have recommendation I can change it. maybe some screenshot? (I detailed the paths using text, not picture, I thought it would be enough to understand the folder structure)
There's also http://nintendont.net/ which has a more structured guide instead of a single post with all info on it.

One last thing:
Don't tell user to download ISO.
And no, it's not legal to download them, even if you own the original.
limit your guide to cleanrip, users who want to pirate already know how to find their games. don't promote it here.
Thank you.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Why do I feel this thread is useless?
The official nintendont OP contains all informations on how to set it up.

Thank you for this small guide though :)
It's because some people have trouble, or problems during setup. The forum post can be a little confusing, so this clears and makes it simpler!

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Only official IOS58 is needed for nintendont, we don't want to see more people bricking vWii for installing unnecessary cIOS/IOS.​
In Wii U case you can't install Wii IOS and vice-versa.​
It should noted as Wii only.
You can only rip disc with Wii, Wii U cannot read Gamecube games.​

I addressed the errors, i forgot about those things. But it's just during my experiments with these cIOS's that it improved performance and made it more stable. Might just be me.
Also i found out a Number of games that no longer work on 3.319....when the worked on 2.227 and below. If the problem could be fixed it would be very nice. The games that don't work
for me: "Sonic Adventure DX, Super Smash Bros. Melee, & Need For Speed MW crashes at points(rarely)."

That's because winrar can open ISO files, so he has the icon associated to that extension.
It doesn't mean that it's a rar file with the extension renamed to iso.

I'm not sure this guide is really needed. some steps are not recommended or missing. It's always good to want to help other users, but I don't know if there's really a lot of users who don't know how to use nintendont, as there's a guide in the first post of nintendont thread. if you think it's needed, that's good. just add more warning, and don't make users install dangerous apps (priiloader or cIOS are not needed for nintendont). Just stick to the minimum requirement : on wii, latest IOS58. On vWii ... Nothing! don't let users think they need to modify their IOS. I managed to stop the IOS58 downgrade brick wave by adding in big red letter to not update on vWii ! I wish it stay like that.

The guide on nintendont first post is not explaining well enough how to install and use nintendont?
If you have recommendation I can change it. maybe some screenshot? (I detailed the paths using text, not picture, I thought it would be enough to understand the folder structure)
There's also http://nintendont.net/ which has a more structured guide instead of a single post with all info on it.

One last thing:
Don't tell user to download ISO.
And no, it's not legal to download them, even if you own the original.
limit your guide to cleanrip, users who want to pirate already know how to find their games. don't promote it here.
Thank you.

Thanks for clearing that up, but i don't wish to encourage piracy. It's the user's decision. Now i maybe have download a few, but i own the copies.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A USB or SD with 1.29GB of Free Storage.
Game cube ISO are 1.35GB
asking for at least 2GB free is better in my opinion (users will probably want to store other data on that drive, like other homebrew)

With All Necessary cIOS's Installed: (58,36)
58 is not a cIOS, but an official IOS from nintendo.
IOS 36 is not needed.

Enable MemEmulation And MemMulti, As well as change the Video Mode To NTSC/PAL And As De-Flicker.
instead of telling the user what to enable (which might not be of the user's taste), explain the seeting and why he would want it.
You don't need to use multi (users might prefer to use one save file per game)
You don't need to change video mode, Auto should work for most games
Deflicker is a visual option, let the user choose if he need it.

Your guide wants to be the easiest and smallest possible, don't add unnecessary steps ;)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thread needed? We even keep the OP up to date.

Probably should add something about game.iso.iso to the guide here.

Reactions: VinsCool

WarioWaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the post, I'm a newcomer to Nintendont so I have a few questions.

I bought a few Wii's at a flea market because I plan on hosting some Melee tournaments in my area. I also bought a few gamecubes really cheap and I personally own 3 copies of Melee (bought friends' old copies and my own personal).

I want to run Melee on the three Wii's to use for my tournament but don't have enough discs so my option was to use Nintendon't and just rip Melee from one of my discs.

So my questions are:
Are there any issues with lag if playing Melee on Nintendont? That is my concern for players who will be playing on the Wii setups as opposed to the Gamecube setups. I want to make it fair for everyone and make sure the integrity of the matches are not compromised by technical issues.

How can I transfer the save file from my gamecube memory card with all the stage and characters unlocked to the versions on the Wii's Nintendont similar to back in the old days when you could transfer save files from memory card to memory card? And if I transfer it, will I be transferring it to the SD card running Nintendont or to the Wii's internal memory?

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I bought a few Wii's at a flea market because I plan on hosting some Melee tournaments in my area. I also bought a few gamecubes really cheap and I personally own 3 copies of Melee (bought friends' old copies and my own personal).

I want to run Melee on the three Wii's to use for my tournament but don't have enough discs so my option was to use Nintendon't and just rip Melee from one of my discs.

So my questions are:
Are there any issues with lag if playing Melee on Nintendont? That is my concern for players who will be playing on the Wii setups as opposed to the Gamecube setups. I want to make it fair for everyone.

How can I transfer the save file from my gamecube memory card with all the stage and characters unlocked to the versions on the Wii's Nintendont similar to back in the old days when you could transfer save files from memory card to memory card? And if I transfer it, will I be transferring it to the SD card running Nintendont or to the Wii's internal memory?

If your using a normal wii then turn on "native controls" in the settings. It will not emulate the controllers and it will use the real gamecube ports how Nintendo programmed them.

don't bother with converting save files. I posted a 100% save files on the save games thread (check my signature)

WarioWaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using a normal wii then turn on "native controls" in the settings. It will not emulate the controllers and it will use the real gamecube ports how Nintendo programmed them.

don't bother with converting save files. I posted a 100% save files on the save games thread (check my signature)

Thanks for that.

Does the "save file" get altered for things like accumulated play time, total battles, matches played, player user name entries, or does it reset to the original save file each time you boot up the system?

Not a huge deal, just curious.

Also, when you say Normal Wii, what do you mean by that? The Wii's I have all have gamecube ports on them, so I'm assuming they're the original older Wii's and that's what you're referring to as "Normal"?

Dr.Hacknik

OP
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States

So my questions are:
Are there any issues with lag if playing Melee on Nintendont? That is my concern for players who will be playing on the Wii setups as opposed to the Gamecube setups. I want to make it fair for everyone and make sure the integrity of the matches are not compromised by technical issues.

Simply use clean rip to rip the game to a .iso, then use a PC and copy it to Three Separate USB's with the same version of Nintendon-t,
with the steps above (forum post). To transfer Save data do the following (for all USB's): http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDEQtwIwAg&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryX-8UBmPWU&ei=yHkZVbzBGMivggSR1oKIBA&usg=AFQjCNHRgDmUU34bj0EsZrIvin12zJOZpQ&bvm=bv.89381419,d.eXY

Then transfer the savedata to the Saves Folder On The USB(s).

Done!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr