Hacking Earth Seeker: Translation (Jap-Eng) Patch & Stuff

yyhung317

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmmm.. i hope doombringer can let more people assist him to do translation since i really cant wait for it to be completely translated to english since i am a big fan of playing japanese rpg compared to american rpg since their rpg sucks badly...

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quantico said:
Cyan said:
I think the % shown on the first post is not really reflecting what's done in the translation patch.
The completed task list (8/12) are misleading too, users may think the game patch is almost 100% completed in english and only item, zuburo and "other" are missing. (I did think it was when you showed all this tasks to 100%).

I didn't want to an ass, but yeah this is pretty spot on. I checked the ffx files and I guess 25% of all the messages in those files are translated, if even that much. The pac file has more important stuff from the game and there is not too much translated there either.

First post lists: Quest Office Menu\Talk: 100% (Completed)

The girl has 15 different talks, of which 3 are translated, thats 20% ...

Another point are the translations, I didnt check everything, but there are already quite a few that have lots of grammatical errors or typos. Also some of them are either way too literal or just dont flow at all so that I need a translator for the translated stuff because what has been translated, tells me nothing and is just a cryptic mess.

Nothing against you doom, its just not the quality I expected when you were throwing around those 100% all the time ...
I would like to see some snapshots of your claim.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can take screenshots this evening, but it's really what he said.
Bereta has these messages translated :

1- The first time you talk to her, when she is waiting for you at the game start, her first message window is in English.
Then starting from message window 2, the messages go back to Japanese (even his name is untranslated).

2- "Welcome to the mission board"-type message when you talk to her.
Then she talk and explain how missions are working in japanese

3- "Please come again"-type message, when you leave.

Then next time you talk to her, of course it's 100% because you see only "welcome" and "good bye" messages.
You don't see the explanation another time.
Playing a new game from the start and you will see more untranslated messages.

rexen92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
quantico said:
I see you already improved the front? Did you just replace it or was own editing needed.

Also are you editing the text manully in a hex editor?

As for the translation, I am not a translator but I want to get the game done
biggrin.gif

edit:
played a bit around

what software r u use in the picture above???

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rexen92 :
He created it himself.

quantico said:
Look at the different talks for the different npcs, Item/Quest/Weapon are different NPCs.
Oh, you updated your program
smile.gif

It looks nice and have more informations now.
Good luck on the next released patch.

@doombringer :
When your next patch is released, please reflect the real completion % of the "released" patch, not the translation advancement on your own computer.
Or make 2 different progress tables, one for the release that user can download and one for your current work progression.

ReyRey184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless I am not privy to more recent information I thought 'Doombringer' said 'I Quit' meaning he is no longer willing to further the project. Is this not true or has someone else taken over responsibilities?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
he quit over a minor problem because his patch didn't work on the user's USBloaderGX version (he is using an old version but didn't told us the version number).
I think it's overreacting, so I don't know if he officially quit the project (no official mention on the front page that the project is dropped).

I think it's bad to forfeit on the very little error, if it's working on his version and not on our, it's certainly a minor bug.

Quantico showed the current progress of his program and the translation, but I don't know if they are still working on it.

I just hope that the team will share their work if the project would become officially dropped.
But it's their own decision to take.

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh wait, he dropped the project now?

Ok I am a litte annoyed now. I wanted to do this game from the start but doom created the thread first. He was throwing around his 100% and how he is totally done with lots of stuff and so we decided not to do this game anymore (taking away his project would have sucked). So I pretty much stopped working on everything. Then his patch comes up and not too much is done and the quality wasn't the best either. And now I am even reading that he dropped it ...

Point is, all of the ffx could have been 100% translated by last week already. Also I dont know how the pac file would have went since its kinda multiple files combined into one and I havent figured how it looks up the individual files there, but possibly that file could have been done by 25-75% as well by now ...

I worked a little on the pac headers yesterday and I think I can read most of them by now. However I havent bothered with checking if I can recalculate headers and write the file back. Sadly, I wont have time until next week to do anything with the game. Ill try to check with my translator tomorrow if we can still get this done (if there is still interest for it).

As for the game not running, its probably the last thing I would try to get fixed, apprently some people here got it running with some nand stuff? If we continue I would be more than happy if someone would make an intensive tutorial on how to get it running (until there is an easier solution.

Another thing that would be helpful, is a savegame for dolphin which has more of the game completed for better testing. Since Ive waited for doom to play it translated I havent done more than a few missions so far.

Dragoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
he quit over a minor problem because his patch didn't work on the user's USBloaderGX version (he is using an old version but didn't told us the version number).
I think it's overreacting, so I don't know if he officially quit the project (no official mention on the front page that the project is dropped).

I think it's bad to forfeit on the very little error, if it's working on his version and not on our, it's certainly a minor bug.

Quantico showed the current progress of his program and the translation, but I don't know if they are still working on it.

I just hope that the team will share their work if the project would become officially dropped.
But it's their own decision to take.

On my USBLoader (WiiFlow) works his patch, you need to patch the "Iso" from NTSC-J to NTSC or PAL and you need cIOS 222/223.
Please work on this patch again, Doombringer or give me the patched *.ffx files and the program to translate them, I want to continue your work. :/

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
quantico said:
Thank you for your comment.

I thought you worked with Doombringer to translate it as you showed his translation patch in your program.
I guess you just wanted to show that his patch wasn't 100%

Of course people will want you to continue your work on this patch if doombringer doesn't work on it anymore
smile.gif

You already did a nice program to help you translate the text, it would be a shame not to use it.
Good luck on the PAC extractor.

May I suggest one thing for your program ?
make 2 folders, one with the original .ffx files, and one with the translated files.
That way you can print both at the same time, it will help translating and correcting sentences if we (you) can check the the original string and color tags.

I see that you already have "orig" but share the same variable as "var" on the bottom.
Use the orig line or add a line above the translated field to show the untranslated string.

I guess
^c[xx] is the color
^t[xx] is the tabulation. it's always -1 for the person's name, and 1 for the text. Strange the message windows are always ending with t-2.
^n : unknown (wait for event, press button?)

You could make a color picker and show the colored text directly on your editor instead of the tags. (I know I already told you that, but I didn't play the game yet so I didn't know their purpose, know I know it's only the tab and color
tongue.gif
)

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I already wrote down all the color tags from the beginning (not sure if there are more). And yeah some of the tags are a little weird but I dont worry about them too much right now. ^n should be new line.

As for the orig-edited thing, that was the original intention for the textbox, kinda give up that when I stopped working last week. Gotta see what I do with it now.

We'll see next week.

eleison

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quantico said:
As for the game not running, its probably the last thing I would try to get fixed, apprently some people here got it running with some nand stuff? If we continue I would be more than happy if someone would make an intensive tutorial on how to get it running (until there is an easier solution.

I'll try to do this by testing the quote above and more until i get it to work, and share the results asap (I#m in middle of exams atm).

QUOTE(Dragoon93 @ Jul 5 2011, 11:42 AM) On my USBLoader (WiiFlow) works his patch, you need to patch the "Iso" from NTSC-J to NTSC or PAL and you need cIOS 222/223.
Please work on this patch again, Doombringer or give me the patched *.ffx files and the program to translate them, I want to continue your work. :/

Also, if Doombringer really dropped the work (no blame), I think we should creat another thread about this, because so you (quantico) can edit the OP.

I'll start by tomorrow evening, and let me know if I can help otherwise also.

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont hurry, I still have to ask if I still get a translation and I wont be able to do anything until next week anyway.

Thanks for the help.

edit:
Seems the translation will take place. Just heard that the translator has done all the 200+ system messages entries I dumped already. Note this just means the text of this file has been translated. It still has to be checked for context/continuity/possible space restrictions and then it needs to get back into the file.

Zhar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@quantico
how where you able to see the actual Japanese text?
Ive tried opening in hex editors but its all garbled up, I get some strings, such as "sca_ev26_01_29" and I can see the tabulation/color/new line tags, but where the actual text should be its all a big mess.

quantico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to set you hex editor to display japanese. For some you just need to set the language to jp, for some you need to take certain font. Easiest way is opening the files with firefox and set the character encoding to japanese (shift jis).

Zhar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
quantico said:
You need to set you hex editor to display japanese. For some you just need to set the language to jp, for some you need to take certain font. Easiest way is opening the files with firefox and set the character encoding to japanese (shift jis).

Thanks man, found it
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...