EA No Longer supporting Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If this news is just a rumor or speculation the thread's title should definetely change to reflect that...

I like how people are so entrenched in their blind fanboyism that they celebrate this news as some sort of good thing.

"Wooo yeah major publisher has no interest at all in our struggling console!"
"No Battlefield 4 on wii u, but it will be on every other platform! How fantastic!"

I think you're misinterpreting what others are trying to say. It would be something like "Well, it's a shame but it's not like EA games were my favorite anyway, so..." Which is just an opinion want it or not.
I personally don't believe this news, first of all because it would hurt the relationship between EA and Nintendo. Second because it's just too early to know which next-gen console will be more popular (Yes, Wii U is next-gen*) and it would be too risky to make harsh statements specially since they are third party developers.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(eighth_generation)

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
saw this and thought it was relevant
I thought the unfinished part was referring to the Wii U at first. I mean really they haven't even gotten around releasing the stability update yet and most of their software isn't finished/without a release date/unnanounced/... etc.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, while i couldnt care less about ea games, it is a somewhat bad sign for the console. it may send the worst message to other studios: its not worth it. further worsening the number of games being released.

while in general, i still see the wiiu being sold sufficiently, just as long as nintendo keeps releasing metroids, super marios and the like (as always, the only real reason to take any console over another), i do feel bad for wiiu owners that might care about a sportsgame or two

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
The only good EA game was Mirror's Edge and, since it looks like they won't be making a sequel, I couldn't care less.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uuuu and here i thought that there would be some great fifa, i guess i'll have to rely on 3rd hand pc copies

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Im not a big fan of EA but this can definitely affect the WiiU since EA is a big third party developer which makes titles that sell great (sports). If this is true, we could be seeing other developers following EA and stop support on the WiiU

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The source of this news was extracted from this interview:
http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ea-s...ook-battlefield-4-3tJXjo9xRFascQx5a1~1pg.html

EA hasn't announced it isn't supporting WiiU -- mywiiu just went to the liberty to deduce that claim based on Peter Moore not mentioning WiiU in the Bloomberg interview.

Keep in mind also that even if EA doesn't have any titles in development now, they could resume at any time.
(their site states that only 6 games are 'coming soon' -- you know there is more than that)

Hmm...Nice. First, Mark Rein has to stop the self-caused rumour for UE3 not coming to the wiiu, now it's this shit. Will we be seeing EA make a statement when everyone already "knows" they're not supporting this as well? :unsure:

Then again...with the celebration that's going on in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me that much if they decide to drop the support anyhow.

(not for bad cause either...it's bad enough that ME3 for wiiu costs as much as the entire trilogy on PC, but that simcity issue damaged their reputation even more).

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not a big fan of EA but this can definitely affect the WiiU since EA is a big third party developer which makes titles that sell great (sports). If this is true, we could be seeing other developers following EA and stop support on the WiiU
I dont see Ubisoft stopping support but anything could happen really..

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am relieved by this news, I personally really don't like EA and their attitude. I've played a few EA games here and there, I never really like their games. Don't crash into me because I have a personal taste.

D

Deleted_171835

I dont see Ubisoft stopping support but anything could happen really..
Ubisoft is one of the few publishers that actually give Nintendo consoles pretty good support. I mean, they gave the Gamecube Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia and multiple Tom Clancy games, the Wii Rayman Origins, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 1/2 (and a bunch of shovelware) and are giving the Wii U Watch Dogs, ACIV and Rayman Legends. They're the last pub I would expect to drop support for the system.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
saw this and thought it was relevant

image1364991548362375.jpg

Oh my god, that picture is awesome!

On another note, even though I don't like EA even the tiniest bit it's always bad when publishers says they won't support a console.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no, we won't get to play SimCity 6 on our Wii U's!

*Jumps out of building*

*Admits the last thing he said was the last thing he'd do*

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Oh no, we won't get to play SimCity 6 on our Wii U's!

*Jumps out of building*

*Admits the last thing he said was the last thing he'd do*

Sims city 6, didn't know it was out, someone tell EA, didn't think they even bothered turning on the servers for them yet
communication is most like very poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la