Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there was really nothing NEW

many of the game look like on rails type game
and
how well will the voice recognition work?
will you have to do training for to to work right?

and
MS had NO new HARDWARE
so
it was all about Kinect

so
Kinect=the new system for MS
NGP=a new system for Sony
project cafe=a new system Nintendo

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
TwinRetro said:
What else would I expect from gbatemp. Love you, haters.

Personal opinnions are personal lol.
Imo the technology ain't at a suitable level for motion gaming compared to controller gaming, maybe I'm just an conservative old school-gamer but judging from the kinect sports video, Kinect still suffers from lag, from the Star Wars video an obvious lack of innovation due to game being forced to be railway/arcade-type swing-all-you-can - game.
And as someone mentioned in Live stream 3 chat, who the hell would want to swing their arms around to mine rocks @ Minecraft.
Of course Kinect and other types of motion sensor controls are most often optional, but why would I want to play a pretty horribly controlled charracter doing sports when I can do precise actions in real life in real sports
^ Just an example but it occured to me since I've been playing tennis pretty much lately, in real life you can control the power of your swing, not at the start, but right before the racket hits the ball, creating an illusion for your opponent that you're going for a hard swing at the back of the court or at the sides, but in a game like Kinect with this level of motion sensory, that simply isn't possible.

Tldr; Imo Kinect and other motion sensor technology isn't at a suitable level to compete with controller gaming....YET.

PS. And voice commands emphasize your language skills, favoring english speaking countries - fair or not?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Last year: LOL KINECT SUCKS NO GAMES!!!
This year: WAAAA TOO MUCH KINECT I HATE MS!!!

Haters gonna hate.
Actually last year I said: "Kinect sucks, it has some games which are taking up Microsoft's valuable airtime and I wish they would show more Metal Gear than this shit."

Oh and some if not most of the kinect gameplay was either badly lagging or pre recorded.

Can't blame them for shaking their money maker though. The casuals outnumber the regular gamers.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Anyone think that the gun customization in Ghost Recon was freaking awesome?
Yes! That was the highlight of the conference for me!

EDIT: actually highlight is a bit of an overstatement. But it was still amazing

This was my highlight.

XxnpI.jpg

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one am devastated that the new Fable, Fable: The Journey, is a Kinect exclusive rail-shooter... I have denounced my trust in Peter Monyleux, burned all of my Fable merchandise, and punched several holes in my wall that now need patching.

I'm so upset about it that I punched my dog...and now it needs to go to the vet. If only Peter would realize that nobody likes the kinect, and that rail-shooters are terrible games. I don't know if I can go back to real life now. We'll have to see.

I pretty much feel like I've been "raped". Like the bond between consumer and developer has been broken. The biggest tease ever. I don't know if I want to live in a world where Monyleux can just crush my dreams and everybody looks at it like it's some big joke.

Well it's not a joke. When I'm not eating or sleeping, or blogging about Fable, I am playing Fable. I have played for a combined time of 378 days, 17 hours, and 24 minutes. Please, somebody appease my soul by telling me that everything will be fine, and that Peter Monyleux is just gearing up for a better Fable.

yesjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wii-media.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quietlyawesome94 said:
30084pm said:
Quietlyawesome94 said:
Anyone think that the gun customization in Ghost Recon was freaking awesome?
Yes! That was the highlight of the conference for me!

EDIT: actually highlight is a bit of an overstatement. But it was still amazing

This was my highlight.

XxnpI.jpg

bow.gif
laugh.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
bdacanay said:
I for one am devastated that the new Fable, Fable: The Journey, is a Kinect exclusive rail-shooter... I have denounced my trust in Peter Monyleux, burned all of my Fable merchandise, and punched several holes in my wall that now need patching.

I'm so upset about it that I punched my dog...and now it needs to go to the vet. If only Peter would realize that nobody likes the kinect, and that rail-shooters are terrible games. I don't know if I can go back to real life now. We'll have to see.

I pretty much feel like I've been "raped". Like the bond between consumer and developer has been broken. The biggest tease ever. I don't know if I want to live in a world where Monyleux can just crush my dreams and everybody looks at it like it's some big joke.

Well it's not a joke. When I'm not eating or sleeping, or blogging about Fable, I am playing Fable. I have played for a combined time of 378 days, 17 hours, and 24 minutes. Please, somebody appease my soul by telling me that everything will be fine, and that Peter Monyleux is just gearing up for a better Fable.
You need to visit an asylum no offense
rolleyes.gif

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
bdacanay said:

You need to visit an asylum no offense
rolleyes.gif
Why would I need to go to an asylum! Just because I'm passionate about something you don't agree with? That's just sick. You seem to have an excessive fascination with babies, but I don't think you should go to an asylum.

I've messaged Peter Monyleux asking him why he has done this to us. When he messages me back, I will be sure to post it on my blog. This guy owes us an explanation...and me a repair service. Maybe if I blame the damage on a burglary, insurance will pay for it.

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
bdacanay said:
and that rail-shooters are terrible games
By that logic this next game will be on par with Fable 3
rolleyes.gif
Fable 3 was an amazing game, although not as entertaining as the first one. And it is not a rail-shooter. It is an action RPG.

AeroblitzR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bdacanay said:

drama queen...

dude, fable wasn't good since the first game.
kinect killed it, but it was almost dead to begin with.

All-and-all i think microsoft tanked.
the two halo games got me amped, gears was tight, forza = EPIC.
but aside from that all they did was plug that terrible kinect and games that might end up better on ps3 anyway (like tomb raider)

And once again...NO FREE LIVE
mad.gif

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AeroblitzR said:
bdacanay said:

drama queen...

but aside from that all they did was plug that terrible kinect and games that might end up better on ps3 anyway (like tomb raider)

mad.gif
I am not being a drama queen...I'm just voicing my opinion, and just because I get upset about it, doesn't mean I am being overly dramatic. I feel like I've lost a family member. How would you feel if you lost a brother? Or a mother? Or father? You would be grieving just like I am now. It's a natural response.

Fable has been almost like a big brother to me since the first one. I don't think you gave the other two a chance. I am however happy that Minecraft is coming to 360. And Mass Effect 3 looks cool too. But they're no Fable...

AeroblitzR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bdacanay said:
AeroblitzR said:
bdacanay said:

drama queen...

mad.gif
I am not being a drama queen...I'm just voicing my opinion, and just because I get upset about it, doesn't mean I am being overly dramatic. I feel like I've lost a family member. How would you feel if you lost a brother? Or a mother? Or father? You would be grieving just like I am now. It's a natural response.

Fable has been almost like a big brother to me since the first one. I don't think you gave the other two a chance. I am however happy that Minecraft is coming to 360. And Mass Effect 3 looks cool too. But they're no Fable...
OMFG, guy
if i lost my bro, it'd make me want to die...BUT a VIDEOGAME is NOWHERE near as important.
if you think fable is worth mourning like a fallen brother, you NEED to get a life.
i hate it when my fav games get bad iterations too, but you know what i do?
i get over it and wait for the next one, or just find a new game to play (there's plenty out there, chieften).

p.s. leave the dog out of it, lamer

p.p.s. not gonna post again regarding this matter, as this thread's about E3, not drama-queens (can't wait to see sony!
nayps3.gif
)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdacanay said:
machomuu said:
bdacanay said:
machomuu said:
bdacanay said:
and that rail-shooters are terrible games
By that logic this next game will be on par with Fable 3
rolleyes.gif
And it is not a rail-shooter. It is an action RPG.
I think you missed the point...
No, I was just correcting you.
I never said it was Rail shooter. I was saying that by the logic that Rail shooters were terrible (terrible being the key word) then Journeys would be on par with Fable 3 (which, IMO, is terrible).

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
AeroblitzR said:
p.p.s. not gonna post again regarding this matter, as this thread's about E3, not drama-queens (can't wait to see sony!
nayps3.gif
)
Lol those poor guys will talk about how they keep getting hacked. I'm waiting for the EA Conference to kick off, 6mins to go.

bdacanay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AeroblitzR said:
bdacanay said:
AeroblitzR said:
bdacanay said:

drama queen...

mad.gif

OMFG, guy
if i lost my bro, it'd make me want to die...BUT a VIDEOGAME is NOWHERE near as important.
if you think fable is worth mourning like a fallen brother, you NEED to get a life.
i hate it when my fav games get bad iterations too, but you know what i do?
i get over it and wait for the next one, or just find a new game to play (there's plenty out there, chieften).

p.s. leave the dog out of it, lamer

nayps3.gif
)
Just because you don't understand doesn't mean you can say what is important to me. Like for instance, if your brother died, I wouldn't care one bit. It would be of zero importance to me, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be important.

And I have a life. That life consists of playing and blogging about Fable. Just because it isn't your life doesn't mean it isn't a life. So, stay out of it. It's hard to get over it when you've spent nearly a decade playing a series. And that series was what drove you to wake up in the morning.

P.S. Don't tell me what to do with my dog.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Here's another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6astZ-qcZk