[E3 2009] And the winner is...

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Joey Ravn, Jun 2, 2009.

?

Which of the "Big 3" had the best conference?

1. Microsoft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nintendo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Jun 2, 2009
  1. Joey Ravn
    OP

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    So, now that the big console-making companies -- Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft -- have presented their products for this season, who do you think has shown the best? Was it Sony, with it's new motion-based controller, God of War 3 and FFXIV? Was it Miscrosoft, with Project Natal and The Beatles? Or was it Nintendo, with WiiMotion Plus, Metroid and Golden Sun?

PS: I've left the poll as multiple-choice for those cases of "I can't decide between X and Y" [​IMG]

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Nintendo for me. Natal was awesome, but you can't really have games with player movement in it, as there's no directional pad whatsoever. So it'll be even more "gimmicky" than the so-much-criticized gimmicky gameplay of the Wii.
    Of the games MS presented all of them didn't tell me anything, except AW2. Nice game shaping up, there.

Nintendo surprised me with Metroid: Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2. NSMBWii was pretty "uh... okay...", it wasn't really necessary. Now we just need a new Zelda for Wii and a new Metroid for DS [​IMG]

As for Sony, I haven't even followed its E3, even if I've heard what happened. Totally unimpressed.

But I'm pretty sure X360 fanboys will soon flood this poll [​IMG]

3. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Microsoft won for me, Nintendo second and Sony last.

All Sony had to impress me was The Last Guardian which is so damn beautiful, I hope to see more of that game soon. God of War 3 should have been more but its just a HD GoW game.

4. xDlmaoxD

Member xDlmaoxD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    We can all agree Sony won.
    Custom Kart racer 10 x better than Mario Kart, GOW 3 and I hate GOW.
    The Wii mote rip off, the tons of games it has.
    The PSP Go!, LBP, It had the crowed clapping more than Micro or Ninty had.
    Nuff said.

5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Microsoft had the most interesting conference, but Nintendo was a good second thanks to Golden Sun.

6. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Microsoft had the better show, Natal was really impressive..

Can't decide between Sony and Nintendo.. both showed a lot of new stuff (even though most of Sony stuff leaked), they both put up a good show.. talking about the conference itself.. Sony was a lot more dynamic, Nintendo was quite boring.

7. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Microsoft won IMO, both Nintendo and Sony had too much PR speak, and Project Natal was pretty much the only revolutionary thing shown in any of the conferences. Plus, obviously the 360 has so much software lined up that there were impressive games pretty much from start to finish. Nintendo come second for showing Metroid: Other M, NSMB Wii, and Mario Galaxy 2, and ofc Sony 3rd. But don't forget Sony had a lot of their stuff leaked, otherwise it would've been much more impressive I reckons.

8. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    It's hard to say really. Microsoft showed off Natala and IMO one good game and a couple of other games. Nintendo showed off Metroid and 2 marios but thats about it. Sony showed off ALOT of games but only a couple peaked my interest (modracer, GOW3, and uncharted). I need more time to think about it.

9. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Microsoft def won this one again. They had alot to show that impressed me. Natal was amazing. Nintendo kept me on edge and surprised me with the 2 Marios and Metroid. I felt they could've done more. Sony I didn't really like cause they didn't have much to offer. PSP Go is overpriced and its not even needed. The new FF wasn't that great either considering how XI sucked.

10. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Nintendo? Are you serious? I think their conference was absolutely terrible. Golden Sun was interesting, but come on, Style Savvy? Wii Vitality Tracker?

11. Joey Ravn
    OP

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    I must say, I really liked Nintendo's conference. It was the usual stuff, but at least it delivered what I expected: games I like. 2 new Marios, Golden Sun, Metroid... Heck, I might even buy the WiiMotion Plus because it does look good. In terms of personal satisfaction, Nintendo undoubtly won this year.

That said, Microsoft's conference was really good too. Even if it's a complete rip-off of the Eye Toy and Nintendo's approach this generation, Project Natal is great. I do fear it will not get past the "just a gimmick" stage, but it's a great feature to add in the future, not as a primary characteristic of a game, but as a nice bonus. In terms of technological progress, Microsoft won with its pretty-damn-impressive Natal.

Sony was Sony, stealing from everyone once again. Couldn't care less about them.

12. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    And you thougth Hannah Montana was better?

13. personager

Member personager GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sony, no doubt about it

Posts merged

Sony, no doubt about it

14. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I found all 3 conferences interesting so I guess E3 2009 is the winner. (Well not really, I wanted more!)

From MS, I liked: Shadow Complex (plus other Summer of Arcade shit like Monkey Island and MvC2 [​IMG]), Alan Wake, Halo 3 ODST makes me want to look into Halo, oh and Felicia Day.
    (Project Natal was hmm kinda still weird for me.)

From Nintendo, I liked: Galaxy 2, Ninja Gaiden: Metroid, english Made in Ore and Golden Sun DS since Linkiboy was spazzing about it.
    (I've never played a Golden Sun game fully yet but I guess I should now.)

From Sony, I liked: MGS: Peace Walker, ModNation Racers, Dog Chicken and FF14 (I enjoyed FF11 [​IMG])
    (My connection got cut-off when they were playing the dildo controllers but from what I saw on IRC it was quite interesting.)

I guess I'll be getting a PS3 too soon. The only problem is having time to play 3 consoles (plus the handhelds!!!). FUCK!

15. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Didn't see the MS one

Sony and Nintendo both announced some pretty good looking games though.

No announcement about a Policenauts or Snatcher remake though, shame on you Hideo Kojima.

16. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Nintendo for me, just because of the Golden Sun.........If there is one game I would be fanboy about, it would be Golden Sun [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Orc, do yourself a favor and play Golden Sun 1 & 2.. they're some of the best RPGs I've ever played.. [​IMG]

And yes, E3 wins.. much better than last year.. much more new stuff.. E3 is really back!

On another note, none of the 3 conferences had charts and graphs like in previous years, everyone went straight to showing their games.. nice.

18. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I was gonna be a fanboy about a new SNATCHER but nobody announced it. Fuckers. ):

19. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Golden Sun DS? Meh, played enough generic RPGs in my life.

Yeah I would fucking love a new Snatcher game, shame its only continued on some radio thing. Make a new game for fuck sake, thats what I want.

Snatcher > Metal Gear

20. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Kojima won E3, though.

Still needs more Snatcher/Policenauts love.