Gaming E-Shop dilema

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I'm looking to grab a pre-paid card for the 3DS E-Shop so that I can finally get Colours! 3D for Hitomi. But I'm kinda stumped as to what else I should be spending the remainder on. Colours is £5.40, so I'll have £9.60 left over. I've been looking through the 'essentials' list and to be honest I'm just confused. Too early in the morning for a big ol' wall 'o text. So here are my stipulations..

- Nothing from the Virtual Console. I have a PSP capable of emulating damn near anything, so unless it doesn't run on any known PSP emulator it's not worth paying for. Nothing I can get for free.
- Nothing pointlessly expensive. Looking for value here. I was contemplating that 'Art of Ink' game since Hitomi has an interest in tattoos, but at £7.20 it can go bugger a panda.
- I'm an Ambassador so I already have Kid Icarus, Excitebike, etc.
- Something that'll last me a while.
- No tower defense games. You play one you've played 'em all.

Those are my conditions. Fairly reasonable I reckon. Any suggestions?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
If you like puzzle games, get Pullblox ― it's pretty cool.

Ps. not to be pedantic or anything but neither Kid Icarus nor Excitebike were exclusively free to Ambassadors.

Reactions: 2 people

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Bit too expensive at £7.20

If you like puzzle games, get Pullblox ― it's pretty cool.

Ps. not to be pedantic or anything but neither Kid Icarus nor Excitebike were exclusively free to Ambassadors.

Been hearing good things about Pullblox. How much is it? Also been hearing good things about Zen Pinball 3D.

Also I know they weren't exclusive to Ambassadors, simply saying I have them already and for free therefore no need to recommend them.

elisherer

I ♥ 3DS
Trophies
Website
www.sherer.co.il
XP
Country
Iceland
If you don't have Pullblox already this is THE #1 must on every 3ds console...

I've been hearing good thing about Zen Pinball 3D also but I get bored from pinball games...
On the other hand, puzzle games (specially as Pullblox) keeps my up at nights...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
VVVVVV
Mighty Switch Force
Pushmo
Muttant Muds
Dilon Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword
Prehistoric Man
Rayman (DSi Ware)
Let's Golf 3D

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree more than anything they treat eshop like it's nothing. They slack on Releasing Virtual Console games and it's getting ridicuolus by the week it's as if they stopped caring about it it's not fair. There's no excuse for them not to release stuff knowing that other regions get it first it should be released all at once doesn't matter what region it is.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree more than anything they treat eshop like it's nothing. They slack on Releasing Virtual Console games and it's getting ridicuolus by the week it's as if they stopped caring about it it's not fair. There's no excuse for them not to release stuff knowing that other regions get it first it should be released all at once doesn't matter what region it is.
Japan needs to be separate because things have to be translated.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally settled one the following...

- Pullblox. After countless glowing reviews and recommendations it'd be dumb to ignore it. Enjoying it so far.
- Colors! 3D. The whole reason we got the card in the first place.
- Art of Ink. Again, what Hitomi wanted.
- Zen Pinball 3D. I suck at it but it's fun.
- As we had £2 left over I used it to buy Photo Dojo. It's probably naff but the prospect of taking a photo of her ex then kicking it repeatedly in the face was too great to ignore.

Not the worst way to drop £25 I suppose. Personally I'd have gone for Inchworm Animation over Art of Ink, it does more and it's cheaper by a significant margin. But to be fair Hitomi paid for half the card so it's only fair she gets her things too.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to argue that not all tower defense games are the same. There's a growing variety and such, and I could name several off the top of my head that are different.

But that is pointless in this case, as the shop has only 2.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to argue that not all tower defense games are the same. There's a growing variety and such, and I could name several off the top of my head that are different.

But that is pointless in this case, as the shop has only 2.

5th Cell should release some Locks Quest minis (like they did with From the Abyss) and put them on the eShop for cheap since we know there's no hope of a squel at this point. Off topic but it felt like it needed to be said.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
- No tower defense games. You play one you've played 'em all.

Those are my conditions. Fairly reasonable I reckon. Any suggestions?

You say you play one you've played them all, I can assure you Dillon's can prove you wrong on that, sure, it has tower defence elements on it, but you actually defeat enemies and fight them, so well, I suggest Dillon's Rolling Western you also got some RPG's on the eShop for the DSi which are rather good, there's Mighty Switch Force if you enjoy platformers, Freaky Forms and Pullblox are really fun too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b