chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Blaze163 said:
duffmmann said:
Its not like when the original DS hit the shelves that it just took off. Give it some time, people complaining now, will forget about there woes a year from now I'm sure. (within a year we will have Super Mario, Star Fox 64 3D, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid, etc.)

If you can't do something right, then don't do it at all until you can. If they didn't have games ready for the 3DS then they should have waited. Truthfully, who here thinks the system launched WAY too early? What 'killer apps' have we got for it? Where are the features we paid good money for? Why should a system need a year to get up to speed? The original Game Boy was a force to be reckoned with from the moment it hit store shelves, it just kept getting better. The 3DS will no doubt be a force to be reckoned with as time goes by, but why should we just accept a slow start like this? If the 3DS were a race horse it would have been shot by now. Nintendo can't continue to sell systems based on 'potential' because when you're not keeping these promises for things like Netflix, pre-paid cards, 3DSWare, and a steady stream of classic games made available (you look me dead in the eye and tell me half of what we've got out now can be called a 'classic', like Tennis. Mario Tennis I could understand but just plain old Tennis? FUCK YOU NINTENDO) then we're just paying for empty words.
and Nintendo themselves even said they've 'launched the 3DS at the right time'.

Reggie should be fired.

Where's my Netflix? 3DS Ware?

Oh and you even promised serious online on 3DS. Where? I don't see it. Faster eShop and browser doesn't mean online is good. I have yet to see a gamertag from you. Perhaps it's a little too late.

Wii U next gen? What a shame. If you say it was just a Wii successor, that would be understandable.
Likewise 3DS, plenty of gaming content on the first day - from E3 video. Come on even Ridge Racer wasn't THAT impressive.

Even the gaming devs of Super Meat Boy (or whatever) says that 'no many devs even have the 3DS development kit.
Call this ready? I doubt it. It's been a few months. MONTHS.

I hope Sony can really give Nintendo a wake up call. They already did, actually.

I paid US$330 for this and all I enjoy are DOA and RE. Worth it? No choice, too early release!

Man, I'm scolding everything out now.

Edit: I know I'm going to get blasted by fanboys for this, but this is seriously how I really felt. I have been keeping this to myself and not think about it. But seriously, this move is very dumb nintendo. To be frank when I posted this, I really wanted to sell my 3DS away and go 100% Vita. (sounds fanboyish - my bad). If it wasn't for pokemon, I would definitely have taken that route.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez people, they didn't have to launch it yet. You don't have to have Ocarina of Time in 3D right now if you don't want it. You could be still be waiting and bitching that you don't have your glassesless 3D system yet. So there aren't many games yet, who cares? It still plays all your DS games, just as the original DS still played all your GBA games. Give it time, do people really just forget the launch of every system? Its not just a Nintendo thing, it was quite a while before we had quality Xbox 360 and PS3 games.

I swear the impatience in people is just unfathomable to me.

Nathan576

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO MAKE SOME GOOD GAMES THAT PEOPLE WANT NOT THIS BULLSHIT

Sorry for caps lock but this is ridiculous. It can't be any harder to remake a good game for 3d like zelda, mario or pokemon than it is to remake dirt shit wanna be games like excite bike and urban champion.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
This seems to be a recurring theme with Nintendo in recent years though. I draw your attention to the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video...le_launch_games

You'll note that right up to the Gamecube, every Nintendo console and handheld had Mario, Luigi or worst case scenario, Wario, present at launch. Fuck, even the Virtual Boy had Mario on hand for the launch. Right up to the Wii, the first team where standing by ready to go, we didn't have to wait for the console to build up steam, it had the mascots making it a must-buy from day one. They started to falter with the Gamecube as Mario Sunshine was nowhere to be seen, so Luigi had to fill in for a while, but they still had at least something holding the fort. Then the Wii hit...and not a damn thing. And I'm not counting Zelda 'cause it was a Gamecube game as well, so it wasn't a 'killer app' for the Wii, it wouldn't be necessary to convert from 'cube to Wii to play it so it doesn't count IMHO.

Is Mario not a guaranteed sale any more or something? Are Nintendo so afraid of losing their precious 'casual' crowd that they're waiting to see how well they do with Sudoku and Nintendogs before risking the big guns? Take the hint, Nintendo. Casual gamers come and go. They're easily distracted by anything shiny. Why do you think PopCap games are making a damn fortune? Now that they have Kinect, the Wii's days are numbered. They'll leave you once the next bottle cap catches the light. We've been with you since the beginning and you're fucking us over for them. Which part of that seems to be a good idea to you? Sure, bring in the casuals. But don't forget your loyal fanbase. And don't make us wait for the good stuff so you can make a few quick bucks with the gimmick crowd as we stare blankly at you for the insult.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yes I admit. I am impatient. But I'm seriously sick of Nintendo for launching an unfinished supposed-to-be masterpiece so early. It totally ruins it.

Nintendo has been largely reliant on it's first parties (they did prove it before launching the 3DS). they said that they want to change it by having greater third party support. I would say that it was a successful attempt, if you compare it to the previous handhelds by Nintendo. It's been ages since I last saw MGS on a Nintendo handheld.

Hopefully as days go by, we'll see.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Yes I admit. I am impatient. But I'm seriously sick of Nintendo for launching an unfinished supposed-to-be masterpiece so early. It totally ruins it.

Nintendo has been largely reliant on it's first parties (they did prove it before launching the 3DS). they said that they want to change it by having greater third party support. I would say that it was a successful attempt, if you compare it to the previous handhelds by Nintendo. It's been ages since I last saw MGS on a Nintendo handheld.

It so does not ruin it, it just leaves room for improvement which we know is coming in the near future. In a year, does how you feel right now about the system and what it doesn't have yet going to matter? Its a product with new features to come, its not like the Wii launched with all the features it has now, or the PS3 or the 360. I swear I don't understand how people can be so blind to what has happened time and time again with video game systems. The amount of software titles starts off small then grows more and more, look at the DS, same thing.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
duffmmann said:
chris888222 said:

It so does not ruin it, it just leaves room for improvement which we know is coming in the near future. In a year, does how you feel right now about the system and what it doesn't have yet going to matter? Its a product with new features to come, its not like the Wii launched with all the features it has now, or the PS3 or the 360. I swear I don't understand how people can be so blind to what has happened time and time again with video game systems. The amount of software titles starts off small then grows more and more, look at the DS, same thing.
I mean ruined the reputation of the console. Many online are discussing over this (early release).

Well, I could agree with your second part. However some fanboy will step in and say this:
PSVita SO MANY GUD GAMEZ DAY ONE

Just a joke.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not understand why is it so hard to released the 3DS Demo in the eshop? What are they waiting for? and where is the messaging feature? Nintendo have to stop treating us like this!

Decooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where the fuck is my Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars nintendo?

Don't you realize you'd make thousands re-releasing this game on the virtual console?

I would easily pay $10 to have this game on my 3DS, ready to play whenever I wanted.

Quit fucking releasing trash games no one cares about week after week.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1310002528025.png

Pretty much everyone's face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: