Dying Light

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by Tiffani, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Tiffani
    OP

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2014
    United States
    I've only played a little bit myself (trying to get used to the controls) but I've watched my husband play a good deal and the game seems awesome. I love the parkour/freedom of movement you have in the game, and the combat is gory, which I like. Some of the NPC characters are annoying, but eh.
    Has anyone else played the game?

2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    I did but it still needs to be patch since it has quite a lot of bugs. All in all it's an awesome game :)

3. Tiffani
    OP

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2014
    United States
    I'm curious as to what bugs you've encountered? Maybe my husband and his friends have been lucky because he hasn't run across any bugs. I'll let them know any bugs you've encountered so they can try to avoid them. :)

4. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I found this one

5. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    There are a tons of them but none game breaking, the cloning glitch which is shwon above is one of them. All in all the game is very playable - nothing alike AC: U. All in all even though it has some performance issues and some bugs its a good game and worth the money!

6. Northern Nemesis

Northern Nemesis GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    I will wait till a GOTY edition comes out, they announced DLC before the game even game out so they aint getting my money

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Oooookay... Odd reason. Among the weirdest I've heard yet.

Just played an hour of it... And so far? I'm enjoying it. I didn't like dead Island. Probably won't like 2. Didn't think it would have been worth the money.. But I have no issues yet. Remember, I'm only an hour in.

8. Northern Nemesis

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    What is odd about it? they cut content out from the game and made you pay for it as DLC instead of actually creating new DLC later on.

Enjoy the game, i'll enjoy my dignity.

9. Tiffani
    OP

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2014
    United States

Easy there, with the holier than thou sentiment.
    And they didn't cut content from the game to sell as DLC. They announced it early, as nearly all games do these days.

10. Northern Nemesis

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    lmfao...you are exactly the type of person they pray on.

11. Tiffani
    OP

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2014
    United States
    -facepalm-
    That's my only reply. If you knew anything about the game, you'd know it's packed with content.

12. Northern Nemesis

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    Sweetheart, the DLC is on the disc. They purposely took pieces of the game out and put it for sale as extra content you have to buy.

13. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    this happend to me randomly

no zombie of any kind would attack me unless i hit them first but they would stop right away and start looking for who hit them

T-hug likes this.
  14. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'm really interested in picking this game up after hearing a lot of positive reactions on all of the podcasts I listen to each week, but how long is the game if your a completionist?
    I've got The Order coming launch day which I don't think is going to last long so I may pick this up between that and Bloodborne.
    I like Dead Island, Mirror's Edge and even the later Assassin's Creeds so Dying Light should be a no-brainer.

15. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    You are such a man.....

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    A friend of mine took about 45 hours or so beating just about everything solo, and apparently he's 30 hours in multiplayer with his wife and they're just reaching the end, so you get a good ~40 hours or so of gameplay.

I've been playing a little bit on my PC, and the story for the game is cliche as shit but the gameplay completely makes up for it, it's really fun (especially during co-op).

Tiffani and T-hug like this.
  17. Tiffani
    OP

Tiffani GBAtemp Regular

Sep 20, 2014
    United States

Just wanted to chime in that my husband and his friend have put about 35 hours or so in and are about 80% completed. I'd say 40-45 hours would cover the length of one playthrough.

Edit- I forgot to mention that the story is definitely your typical video game story i.e. cliche and predictable, but I agree that the gameplay more than makes up for it.

18. Northern Nemesis

Jul 28, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks?