Homebrew Dying light multiplayer CFW

Augusto101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
So..I guess I'm the first person to ask this, great...
¿Anyone knows how to play coop on this game ?

- first tried playing it normally obviously it doesn't work because cfw.

- I tried using ldn_mitm latest version with atmosphere 1.1.1 + patches and nothing

- inside the game I changed all the network options I tried , public, private and lan this last one apparently have to work but surprise it didn't

-then I tried the same with linkalho, linking and unlinking an account and NOPE so I'm out of ideas...

It's very weird because I'm pretty sure we can play coop on this game with cfw but apparently nothing works, maybe a mod ? Or something? Anyway have a good day/night

PD: matchmaking option is unavailable at any time ...

Last edited by Augusto101,

Augusto101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Problem solved:
In order to play on lan or 'online" with CFW you just have to sleep 1 night on any shelter after the first mission and then a prompt to active coop will appear.

Reactions: XDel

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played the entire game and dlc's on my home network with my 2 consoles i guess you can't play it with people far away
Seems weird it has a Local Network Feature...but that wouldn't work with Xlink Lai or Lan play...makes no sense to me....It says Dying Light is a supported game here:

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/Supported_Games#Nintendo_Switch

It says it support local wireless with the ldn_mitm module, which I have configured...so that should work...

Reactions: Augusto101

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems weird it has a Local Network Feature...but that wouldn't work with Xlink Lai or Lan play...makes no sense to me....It says Dying Light is a supported game here:

https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/Supported_Games#Nintendo_Switch

It says it support local wireless with the ldn_mitm module, which I have configured...so that should work...
Update. Just so everyone knows, it is possible, set up ldn_mitm properly and the xlink Kai server (You can follow it here):
https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/Nintendo_Switch_Tutorial

They created an Arena for Dying Light today. So if Anyone Wants to Play Co-op online via LOCAL Network with XLink Kai they can do it there.

Reactions: Augusto101

Augusto101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would you even want to because 1 BIG issue with CFW is people love to cheat which just ruins the fun
Well, I guess that's why not even one person is in the Arena. And yes, they could use the cheats. Oh well. I can just play it on my regular switch and look for online players.

Last edited by microchipman,

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's Weird though LOCAL LAN PLAY directly on my network has issues....The Nintendo switches can ping each other, they have IPs in the local subnet and IP range, but with both of us set up on LOCAL NETWORK mode, neither of us can see each other...Nothing showes up under Matchmaking.....driving me crazy.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's Weird though LOCAL LAN PLAY directly on my network has issues....The Nintendo switches can ping each other, they have IPs in the local subnet and IP range, but with both of us set up on LOCAL NETWORK mode, neither of us can see each other...Nothing showes up under Matchmaking.....driving me crazy.
If anyone cares, I figured this out. Basically you can use the Lan-play Server project, and the relay server to solve all of this. It makes no sense to me why it dosen't work RAW on my Local network with locals IP's, I'm going to chalk it up to something with one switch being a CFW and one a regular, but really I don't care because the speed is nice, and it works. So here's what I did. Went here:

https://github.com/spacemeowx2/switch-lan-play/releases

Downloaded lan-play-Win64.exe, ran the file, added a server from:
http://www.lan-play.com/

Choose any one you want, literally just copy and past the Address and port, right into the lan-play-Win64.exe windows, when it asks for what server you want. For example I chose this server:

lan.imperialcommand.xyz:11451

Once lan-play-Win64.exe was running, and the server chosen, I set my CFW emuMMC switch to 10.13.26.49, subnet /16 (255.255.0.0), 10.13.37.1, DNS Can stay as 90DNS. You can literally chose anything in the 10.13.xxx.xxx range you want, as long as no one else on the server has it, just choose something wild and it will be cool. It has to be in the 10.13.xxx.xxx range, gate way HAS to be 10.13.37.1. That gives you a pool of roughly 65,000 addreses to choose from.

I set my regular switch to 10.13.26.53, same /16 subnet, same gateway as above that it has to be. It said both switches were connected to the internet (Which means they were connected to the relay server above), I could see from the command window for lan-play-Win64.exe, that packets were being exchanged to and from the relay server, and I could surf the internet, so i knew all was well. I went on Dying Light, selected LOCAL NETWORK, and loaded my game. I got my gaming partner to do the same. Once in the game we went to match making and BOOM, we could see each other's game, it was awesome. We're now doing the campaign together and life is rocking.

**Update** Oddly enough this magically worked for one day, and then quit working. Apparently Ncap can only have the one connection with lan-play-win64.exe...how we did it yesturday is beyond me...but today we just knocked each other off, and I finally gave up.

The bizarre thing is I have the most luck with local network play and dying light, using lan-play...until this happened.

Last edited by microchipman,
Reactions: nWo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: