Hacking DX purging the rest of the flashcart stuff.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I find it ironic how the CycloDS Evolution is pretty much the only flashcart available and there was a time in 2008 when it was one of the only major flashcarts not available as DealExtreme. However, I don't think it will last very long either.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least they've taken down the R4 clones
tongue.gif

corenting

Trophies
Website
www.corenting.fr
XP
Country
France
In DX forum the staff say the retired some cards because of DMCA.But they are searching a solution
smile.gif

But they still have EZ Flash Vi, EDGE and some others linkers.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh, this whole thing is ridiculous.

Flashcarts by themselves
Most have no built-in storage
They do not come with roms preloaded onto them
They are useless without firmware, software, and a MicroSD card.
They are useless even with the above without a user behind them.

This is like saying that DVD-R's are illegal because I can potentially burn music I haven't bought to them (Not that I would ever do such a thing).

I also find it funny how Ninty calls all flashcarts either R4's or Game Copier Devices....They couldn't be further from the truth

News to Ninty! They cannot copy games just by themselves, you actually need applications for such a thing! Oh wait, I forgot, you're Nintendo, you don't pay attention to anything unless it involves you getting money.

Not that I particularly will miss DX.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Focalprice has also cleaned house of ALL their flash carts.

I just placed an order there for some DSTT using google web cache to add them to my cart. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope they actually ship.

PriceAngels is the only other cheap Chinese web store I know of that still has some cards at semi-reasonable prices.

grindbart

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its not only because they can play pirated games,you can develop own software on it,and nintendo takes thousand of dollars for a SINGLE software developer kit,something like a flashcard which costs 3,15+ at DX..........nintendo is double pissed..

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Crow said:
This is like saying that DVD-R's are illegal because I can potentially burn music I haven't bought to them
Ethically maybe, but not legally. The fact of the matter is that even devices like the iPlayer that don't run DS roms still have to bypass Nintendo's security to boot on a DS or DSi, and that is forbidden by current US law. Blank discs are not fundamentally required to bypass security to be used for legal purposes, and even when used for illegal purposes the disc itself does not participate in the removal of copy protection or the cracking of a system to allow burned discs to run.

If they sold magic DVD-Rs that would boot just like a real game disc, those discs would be in violation of the law as well.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why do you people not order from Kickgaming or RealHotStuff.

Sure, the prices are higher, but the shipping time is far less than DX or Focalprice.

Heck, my AK2 came from Kickgaming in exactly 6 days (Not counting Sundays or Holidays). Exactly on the minimum estimated delivery time.

I also recieved one from a good batch, although I am a little dissapointed that it's one of the clip-based ones. Nonetheless it works, and thats all I care about, plus there is a 1/9001 percent chance that it will ever leave my DS Lite.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nuclear Crow said:
Meh, this whole thing is ridiculous.

Flashcarts by themselves
Most have no built-in storage
They do not come with roms preloaded onto them
They are useless without firmware, software, and a MicroSD card.
They are useless even with the above without a user behind them.It doesn't matter in the eyes of the over-reaching DMCA.
You're still bypassing/circumventing the copy protection.

QUOTE(Nuclear Crow @ Jan 21 2010, 02:18 PM) This is like saying that DVD-R's are illegal because I can potentially burn music I haven't bought to them (Not that I would ever do such a thing).
In the US at least there already is a tax/fee included in CD-Rs, DVD-Rs and most likely HDDVD-Rs and BRD-Rs that is a 'piracy tax' and goes to the U.S. Lawmaking bodies MPAA/RIAA.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paypal is running the show when it comes to ordering from these site. The site operators have two choices; either comply, or have their accounts permanently closed.

Paypal is notorious for forcing account holders to comply with their agenda. There doesn't even need to be any laws being violated for them to bring down their heavy hand. This same thing has happened with e-cig sellers. Even though there is not (yet) a federal law governing the sale of e-cigs, paypal has/is closing accounts associated with the sale of e-cig devices/accessories.

Welcome to the Corporate world sheeple.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nuclear Crow said:
This is like saying that DVD-R's are illegal because I can potentially burn music I haven't bought to them (Not that I would ever do such a thing).
Funny you mention that. Here in The Netherlands and in Belgium there is a tax for every blanc DVD you buy just because you are able to add illegal music on it.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, you can still buy flashcarts from DX. All you have to do is click on the link inside the statement from MODS, http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.519521, and then go and either click on the flashcart you want in the "Order your flashcart" thread or find the sku of your flashcart and when ordering something just change the sku. The precise tag (like http://whatever.sku) is described in one of the other threads (can't remember which one, but just look through the first and second pages of the search and you'll find it). There. wink.gif

Oh and I forgot to say that they do ship items this way, as you can see from the Order your flashcart thread made by one of the mods there, just make sure you don't order anything that is out of stock with the sku replacing trick (try asking on the forum, in the video game section you have a lot of threads like that, plus if after several weeks it still isn't about to be shipped, you can cancel it and get your money back).

(and yes, I did post this in another thread as well, as I noticed just now that probably more people would check this thread than the other one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.