Hacking DVDx Install

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found 2 different sets of instuctions to install DVDx. Which is correct, please?

You must then then reinstall DVDx using advanced mode and selecting IOS202
Run DVDx through Homebrew Channel. Install using IOS254.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
exactly!
tongue.gif
if you have a mod chip you do advanced install
wink.gif
if you dont then NORMAL INSTALL is your answer.....

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
exactly!
tongue.gif
if you have a mod chip you do advanced install
wink.gif
if you dont then NORMAL INSTALL is your answer.....

Thanks for your answer vettacossx but where did you get that information from? On Wiibrew it clearly states advanced mode and doesn't mention anything about modchips. IOS202 or IOS254? If 202 is for mplayer what is 254 for?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you want USB 2.0 Speed when reading off of a USB drive, you have to first install IOS 202 USB 2.0 Beta 2/3/4 (whatever its at now).

Then install DVDX as an advanced install as IOS 202.

If you dont care for USB 2.0 speed in MPlayer, install it normally.

P.S.

MPlayer is not binded by any IOS. It uses whatever DVDX is installed as.

DVDX can be installed under any IOS you want, though its not recommended / causes bricks. Best to install it either Normally (IOS 254) or advanced (IOS 202).

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thanks for your answer vettacossx but where did you get that information from?

Craziest thing...I READ... LOL and with the releases comes instructions if you got it from Hackmii teh ole source back when mplayerDVD was released...
wink.gif
that's where you can read the simple instructions that state

"If you do not have a mod chip then just preform the Normal install, ADVANCED is for those who own a mod chip"

Also most of my friends DONT READ...LOL...So i have to install there mods and they ALL use a DVD-R for loading emulator Rom files
wink.gif

IF you are installing to play roms from a dvd-r then keep in mind these things to save your discs
wink.gif

VBA GX and GENESIS GX do NOT support zipped rom files from a DVD-r (dvdx required)

FCE GX(NES EMU) and SNES9x GX DO SUPPORT ZIPPED ROMS....

Make sure your disc is in ISO9660 for best results and to be sure this is the case use the free burning app called IMGBURN (just google it bro same dude who made DVDdecrypter that was so useful with DVDshrink to create backups back in the day)

open IMGburn and choose write files/folders to disc

143196.gif

Next At this screen
143196.gif

drag and drop your roms into the big empty square window and when your ready click burn and it will make a dvd-r that is compatable with the new GUI based emulators
wink.gif

Of course then the other benifit:

DVD DATA DISCS! use the SAME METHOD AS ABOVE but with MEDIA that Mplayer supports
wink.gif

QUOTEFormats Supported:

MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska (mkv) popular for blu-ray rips, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5, WMV and even H.264 movies.

drag any of the above format files be it music or movies in the same way you do the roms and burn those to a dvd then use Mplayer CE to play any media DATA dvd you make this not only allows more movies/music on a single disc but will ALWAYS WORK unlike ACTUAL DVD's IN dvd format...
wink.gif
to be honest Commercial DVD's are very shitty on the wii
wink.gif

Hope that helps i know my friends and I like to save SD space with DVDX so its work the trouble

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
If you want USB 2.0 Speed when reading off of a USB drive, you have to first install IOS 202 USB 2.0 Beta 2/3/4 (whatever its at now).

P.S.

DVDX can be installed under any IOS you want, though its not recommended / causes bricks. Best to install it either Normally (IOS 254) or advanced (IOS 202).

Thank you Tichinde925, it seems a last a got a reply by someone who gave me the information I was looking for
yaypsp.gif
Thanks to you others who tried to help,anyway.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Patryc said:
Thank you Tichinde925, it seems a last a got a reply by someone who gave me the information I was looking for
yaypsp.gif
Thanks to you others who tried to help,anyway.

If that was the information you were looking for , then you asked the wrong question.
You asked which do you use , and they answered that question quite correctly based on the information they were given.

A

Aimen

Tichinde925 said:

P.S.

But why cant i find ios202 on advance? i have a modchip and i have cIOS36 rev10! rev10 have usb support, why cant i find ios202 than?

A

Aimen

Tichinde925 said:

P.S.

But why cant i find ios202 on advance? i have a modchip and i have cIOS36 rev10! rev10 have usb support, why cant i find ios202 than?

Patryc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
vettacossx said:
posted some useful info for after the install in my previous post Patryc just to help save on wasted discs when using the advantages of DVDX

Well thank you for your help.. I guess I didn't explain very well in my first post the information I was looking for. I had already installed DVDx and wanted to know the difference between installing to IOS 202 or IOS254 but Tichinde925 explained it very well but thanks vettacossx for the additional information you gave me which was also very useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.