Hacking DVDx 3.4 "It seems to me that you are a pirate. bye..."

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
comex said:
This kind of stuff really should be in more homebrew.
tbh, installing something on the nand without telling us isnt right, at least write a program to delete that file, cos i dont want crap on my wii useing memory dont care how small it is.

It installs a ticket? Seems to me that AnyTitle Deleter should take care of something like that...

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4jek8j54 said:
It's perfectly fine if he wants to include a check for people that more than likely intend to use it for piracy purposes. In fact, I hope that Team Twiizers considers doing similar things in the future. If you want to run your piracy tools, code all the necessary software yourself.
I'll say it again, DVDx is no longer required for this, its used to play Dvd videos, which ironically I bet most people watch burned discs (and are pirating of a different thing).

As for how the piracy check works, I'm gonna take a wild guess, I'll probably be wrong, but what if it checks the region of games that have been played, to see if theres anything outside the consoles region? Meh.

Putting Anti-Piracy for wii games in an application not used for it is kind of like Apple making iTunes check windows is not pirated.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
no it checks something else. smaller check than that. lol its funny, but still, i want what ever it installed on my wii off.

I hear from tehskeen that it checks for the WAD folder on the SD Card root.
Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess, but I haven't tried it. I'm still on 3.2

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OriginalHamster said:
I don´t feel that guilty since I just rip Japanese quirky games that have zero chances of comming State side, all my other games are original. It´s still piracy what I do, but if Nintendo refuse to localizate games as Fatal Frame 4 I have no choice, import from Japan is too expensive, and its not secure if some day my Wii can´t run Japanese titles.

Likewise i do plan to buy the games eventually just like to see if their worth being ripped off by the likes of play asia first.

i have a chip and don't plan on wasting my wii as a dvd/media player seems pretty pointless when my pc is hooked to my plasma.
im guessing theres no need for me to worry about this although i would be pissed if the latest scogger took a crap in my wii for testing stuff in the past.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh GOD, I hope this check isn't in bootmii
frown.gif

Oh shit I shouldn't have said that.
cry.gif

So linkinworm, it checks something, and then installs something that prevents you from using it again?

And where did this news come from, never heard of a new DVDx version, or something. :\

EaZey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of putting in a pointless check, and complaining about "pirates" why not just not write the code. Would save yourself hassle.

I always thought the homebrew community was about helping out other people in a simular situation; usually broke, intellegent but always trying to learn more, and scaring other people from outwith our community.
Theres always one clown hey?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alex said:
frown.gif

cry.gif

So linkinworm, it checks something, and then installs something that prevents you from using it again?

And where did this news come from, never heard of a new DVDx version, or something. :\

It wasn't Team Twiizers that made this release. And Team Twiizers has already said that they won't actively hinder pirates. They'll just not do things they think will help them out.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
alex said:
frown.gif

cry.gif

It wasn't Team Twiizers that made this release. And Team Twiizers has already said that they won't actively hinder pirates. They'll just not do things they think will help them out.

Like releasing the tp hack and hbc, i guess after they opened the door it would be bad manners to slam it

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey this is a great idea, im going to see if I can work with comex and we can come up with the ultimate piracy detector and put it as part of LibOGC (in every homebrew app)!

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
icefireicefire said:
Hey this is a great idea, im going to see if I can work with comex and we can come up with the ultimate piracy detector and put it as part of LibOGC (in every homebrew app)!
nice, block what, everyone apart from you comix and twiizers from usieng homebrew, then the wii homebrew scene will really take off.

Spyke8x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:

You sir, are a complete idiot.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol that was great spyke8x
biggrin.gif

heres the deal:
MAKE ALL THE BACKUPS YOU WANT, but unless the original disc is gone you don't need to use the backup.....its called a BACKUP, not what you use first...

So that means that because the "Backup Loader" gets used so much, it is all piracy (as I doubt there are many people with real backups that they can't just use the original disc).....its all piracy, just call it a "Download Loader" and have it at least be more self explanatory about what it actually is for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC