Hacking DVDr Media List

FuManChuu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some 16x Fujifilm (DISCID reads prodisc series though), that I've burned at 4x, and no DREs yet.... I did get a random DRE on a retail wiisports though.... I have a sinking suspicion my joints will eventually come loose D;

controlio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i also use verbatim, those with the printable surface...used them for my gamecube games aswell, and never had a DRE...i'am so happy about that....
biggrin.gif

but they are quit expensive...

Robotochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FUJIFILM 03 didn't work with my TSSTCorp burner however 16x DVD+R TuffDiscs with MCC dye are working fantastically with Nero automatically setting the Book Type to DVD-ROM
smile.gif

Robotochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They are just different standards of DVD, DVD+R will be more reliable on one machine whereas DVD-R will be more reliable on another

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
FUJIFILM 03 didn't work with my TSSTCorp burner however 16x DVD+R TuffDiscs with MCC dye are working fantastically with Nero automatically setting the Book Type to DVD-ROM
smile.gif
That's odd. 8x DVD-R media, right? I use the same thing (Staples brand), and it works fine. What chip/burner are you using?
EDIT: Now DBZ:BT2 is unplayable on that media, maybe I should get some better stuff.

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii's are starting to get picky...

I wouldn't say that, more likely crappy media and/or not using a good burner. The latter was my problem, but i purchased a pioneer 111D, and all my dre problems solved. It was $42, well worth it. Everyone wants something for free, but in this case spend a little less than one game solved all my issues.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can a disc pass verification and even be used to back up the ISO, yet fail in the Wii?

-Matthew

High numbers of PI/PO errors, i hypothesize. Caused by poor quality media or poor quality burners.

If you have a failure with Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, its could be a junky burner. Get something decent like a lite-on (supports k-probe).

what2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been using Benq -r for a while, but then I started getting dres after some shelf life. must be how I'm handling the discs (hey, they each have their own case...)

switched to tdk -r and they work great. my Wii play, Wii Sports and Zelda are on Verbatims though.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I'm not 100% sure it's a media problem, but I would not buy Maxell DVD+R again.

This may be true for Wii games (it has been for me, NO Wii games working on Maxell DVDs), but these cheap discs work great for Gamecube games.. I just burned about 20 Pal and NTSC games to Maxell +R discs (got a 100 spindle for $19 at office depot during a sale) and no problems at all. Heck, these things load and play faster than some of my original discs. I don't know why Maxell work fine for emulators and gamecube games, but not wii isos..

-Matthew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4