Hacking Dvd read error 324

Invidiousdemise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two kinds of media. Sony Dvd-r and Maxell Dvd-r. The Maxell was made in Taiwan... it should be some good stuff... I can not for the life of me get backuploader 3 gamma to load any games i have burned... i have uninstalled cIOS with the cIOS uninstaller 1.1 then reinstalled the cIOS 249... it still won't load a game. Is there something i'm missing? I know i'm not using the 3.4 update.

Is it really the media I am using?

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invidiousdemise said:
yes. rev7 that came with gamma.

would downgrading to the 3.2 firmware help anything?

Downgrading it not gonna help, download anytitledeleter and uninstall IOS249 and install the Wiigator's CIOS 7 and it should work

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cooler89 said:
Invidiousdemise said:
yes. rev7 that came with gamma.

would downgrading to the 3.2 firmware help anything?

Downgrading it not gonna help, download anytitledeleter and uninstall IOS249 and install the Wiigator's CIOS 7 and it should work

I've never used cIOS uninstaller but it might do the same thing..

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try using waninkoko's cIOS36_r7 thru Wi-Fi install, that was the only that worked for me...!!
smile.gif

Invidiousdemise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Nero to burn my iso's. I ran all of them thru brick blocker (could that have anything to do with it)?

I am going to try the wifi thing in just a min. i'm going to go re-try the gama install stuff... though i've done it like 50 times.

Invidiousdemise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so I highly doubt it's my dvd's. I tried to boot an original copy of zelda through the backup loader and that did not even work. Still got error 324.

I tried to install CIOS36_rev7 but couldn't get the file needed for it. I tried running wufe to extract IOS36-64-v1024 but that wouldn't run on my wii... it was originally named boot.elf... that wouldn't run... i renamed it to boot.dol... that wouldn't run either... i tried the damn tutorial for gamma so many times it's not funny.

i've used any title deleter over and over and removed IOS249 and also used the uninstaller to remove it too. Then reinstalled it over and over using the installer that came with gama.

I still cannot get anything to boot through the loader. I still keep getting 324 error... does anybody know exactly what this error means?

Kwaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invidiousdemise said:
ok, so I highly doubt it's my dvd's. I tried to boot an original copy of zelda through the backup loader and that did not even work. Still got error 324.

I tried to install CIOS36_rev7 but couldn't get the file needed for it. I tried running wufe to extract IOS36-64-v1024 but that wouldn't run on my wii... it was originally named boot.elf... that wouldn't run... i renamed it to boot.dol... that wouldn't run either... i tried the damn tutorial for gamma so many times it's not funny.

i've used any title deleter over and over and removed IOS249 and also used the uninstaller to remove it too. Then reinstalled it over and over using the installer that came with gama.

I still cannot get anything to boot through the loader. I still keep getting 324 error... does anybody know exactly what this error means?

Hey Invidious, Im new as well and I kept having your same problem. I installed everything, had my wii updated to 3.3U and installed the cios fix and followed the guides. I had IOS249 installed but my Wiigator Gamma would not play the games I had burned, I kept getting the IOS324 error. I also burned the games on Sony DVD-R discs and I kept getting the error. Although im using IMGBurn with 3x speed. I thought that maybe I was burning my games wrong or using the wrong software. I searched all over the forums to try different things to find a solution and I was beginning to think it was my media. But I kept reading that it was a cIOS problem.
However, somehow I was able to get the backup launcher gamma to read my burned discs that it was refusing to read before. I dont think its a media issue, its a cIOS issue, im sure of it now. Anyways, you can try what I did in the exact order, hopefully it works for u as it did for me.

1. First I opened IOS Downgrader and followed the instructions to install all the new necessary IOS files.

2. Then I uninstalled IOS249 with AnytitleDeleter, and went back down to IOS36.

3. Then I installed the Shop Channel Update using the "Install Shop IOS51" boot file from the Wii Fix Tools zip file. http://www.filefactory.com/file/aee5db/n/Wii_Fix_Tools_zip.

4. In the installation of the shop channel update, I said yes to instlalling IOS51, then yes to patching a fix and yes to updading the Wii Shop Channel.

5. After that, I installed IOS249 again but this time with the cIOS Installer 249 that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

6. And finally I installed 3.3 Update that came with the Wiigator Gamma zip.

After all this, I was suprised to find out that my burned discs actually booted up. Like I said, I dont know which step fixed my problem but I suggest u try all the steps in the exact order and hopefully the 324 Error will go away.

Invidiousdemise

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I QUIT! I formatted my entire system trying to get this to work and I followed the tutorials by the book. Nothing has worked. I'll eventually get a wiikey or something.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
well.. just to join inn,i downgraded to 3,2 without any success,i reinstaled a lot of cioses,ioses but without help,like it learns its a burned disc and happily plays all originals.. bastard.. however ill get my screwdriver and clean lenses with alcohol n cotton,and see it that helps.. will reply in afternoon,probably depressed,with a beer in left hand ,wiimote in right pushin launch game for 54 time...
frown.gif

glare.gif

GenocideSiren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invidiousdemise, I actually had your exact same problem, I was so frustrated, and it went on for at least two weeks or so (until last Sunday, when I went and house sat for a family friend, and got paid $280, aside from that..) before, I had used TDK DVD-R's, which were said to have worked. I burnt at least 8 games, none worked with my TDK's, so I gave up as well, frustrated, and a bit sad.

While I was there, I noticed they had two big cases of Verbatim DVD+R's, so, I took 5, and was thinking "everyone on Gbatemp said these are the best to use, but they're DVD+R, which are said to not be as good as the DVD-R's, oh well, worth a shot." So when I got home earlier today, I eagerly turned on my computer, ripped the Super Mario Galaxy image from a previous DVD-R, and burnt it onto the DVD+R (after setting the book type to DVD-ROM, which you're supposed to for DVD+R) and VOILA! It worked, I was overjoyed.

So, sorry that you had to read a long message, but your best bet is, just go out and buy some Verbatim DVD+R disks, they worked for me, and before I thought my TDK's weren't the problem and that I was just doing something wrong, but nope, but it turns out they were the problem.

EDIT: I also had the same problem with the original TP disk not booting, and that was seemed to be fixed as well after a uninstall of DVDX with Any Title Deleter.

pawi94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dvd read error 324 solvation:
Well, some dude over the internet told me to download, Any Title Deleter. (THANKS "DUDE")
Anyways here is the downloadlink:http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter

Once you got this file, put it in you appsfolder.
Load it from hombrew channel.
When you're in the menu you have to find the "IOS menu". hmm fuck i don't remember.. hehe well prob delete the IOS 249. Well yes it's IOS 249 that you're going to delete, i checked it up!
Once thats done, try to run your backupgame through backuploader. Woala it works!!

Please respond if you got it to work is i did
smile.gif
)

I promise it will work!
So far i have downloaded Wii music, tv-show king (testgame), Super paper mario (luvs it), Excite truck (pwnz), monopoly (hehe, pretty good game though)
and resident evil, umberella something.

Burned them with IMG-Burn at 4x speed to Fujifilms 4.7gb, dvd-r discs.
Never had a bad burn yet
biggrin.gif

xinox

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tested Wii Music on 0.3g with the cIOS in the ZipFile.

Ive burned it on Phillips DVD-R

First time i burned it wiht 4x Speed, that copy brings me the 324 Error

I've burned it once agein with 2x Speed and the Error was gone an the game was laoding.
unfortunately the games says after 2minm of laoding with the official WiiError message that the DVD iss broken.

I do the same procedure with CoD4, the version i burned with 4x does not work,
right now i burn it wit 2x Speed,

will tell ya later if it works or not

_________ Edit

Worked not for me

CoD4 brings the error even with 2x burn Speed
Wii Music works with 2x burn speed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.