Hacking DVD read error 1101

DVDDude2011

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bear with me as I'm new to this site. I have a Wii running v4.0, I haven't updated it for awhile. I'm running Neogamma v7 R14 with Homebrew. I recently had to replace my DVD drive due to disc read errors and it was making a lot of noise and now I can't launch any of my backups. Do you all have a fix for this? Is it ok if I update my system to 4.3 or something newer than what I have and still be able to play my backups? Thanks for the help!

DVDDude2011

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont update to 4.3, it has nothing to offer.
First of all, do original games work? If not, then its most likely the disk drive. Or, maybe you replaced the old drive with a D3-2 drive (which can only read originals, no amount of modding will change that)

You could also try running ModMii and get everything up to date as well. Its fairly straight forward, you can get the latest neogamma from one of the download pages in ModMii (forget which one right now) and you can run the ModMii wizard to get everything else up to date.

DVDDude2011

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for writing. It will play originals. I'll go ahead and run the ModMii installed and see what that does. Do I need to format my SD card or anything first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30