Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

Trying to solve some #001 errors, I tried to burn New Super Mario Bros (Patched with vki's) to a DVD+R with Imgburn set booktype to DVD-ROM. After burning, the can't read it - "Unable to read the disc".

I'm not going to burn it again because I only have some media left, its LIGHTSCRIBE. (That's what I've found at home)

Is there some config that I may have missed?

Thanks!

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It could be down to poor media, or just a cheap burner. Some Wii's are also picky about +Rs, though my own Wii reads them no problem.

Lightscribe isn't the brand name of the disk either. It's some technology to etch labels onto the dvd/cd using your laser.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightscribe

I'd suggest you trying some good quality dvd-rs and see if they work. Stay away from Memorex and other crappy brands.

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Edhel said:
It could be down to poor media, or just a cheap burner. Some Wii's are also picky about +Rs, though my own Wii reads them no problem.

Lightscribe isn't the brand name of the disk either. It's some technology to etch labels onto the dvd/cd using your laser.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightscribe

I'd suggest you trying some good quality dvd-rs and see if they work. Stay away from Memorex and other crappy brands.

It is LG. Both media and burner.

kezza825

Trophies
XP
Country
yep... the good old days. NSMBW was my first pirate
rolleyes.gif
Use DVD-R and burn at maximum speed using PowerISO.

Oh and use WiiScrubber 1.4 and replace main.dol with Vki's patch. Hope this helps
wink.gif

luisfhb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
kezza825 said:
rolleyes.gif

Oh and use WiiScrubber 1.4 and replace main.dol with Vki's patch. Hope this helps
wink.gif

Maximum? Everybody asks to burn at minimum...

Despite my own experience, about two years ago, I burned Warioware at 2x and it wouldn't load up. I burned it again at 8x and it worked. But I don't it wad the problem, maybe the first media wad crapper.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luisfhb said:
kezza825 said:
rolleyes.gif

wink.gif

Maximum? Everybody asks to burn at minimum...

Despite my own experience, about two years ago, I burned Warioware at 2x and it wouldn't load up. I burned it again at 8x and it worked. But I don't it wad the problem, maybe the first media wad crapper.

Today's drives are tuned for high-speed writing. YMMV, but high quality burns can be achieved at high speeds. Why? because high speeds are targeted by the engineers making the drives, low speeds are an afterthought.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kai445 said:
Today's drives are tuned for high-speed writing. YMMV, but high quality burns can be achieved at high speeds. Why? because high speeds are targeted by the engineers making the drives, low speeds are an afterthought.

I agree. Most dvd media is also better burnt to at high or medium speed. The only reason you should ever pick a slow burn speed is if your hard drive can't keep up. You can check Imgburn graphs to see the quality of the burn, and play around with different burn speeds to see which gives the best.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey people,
not really anything to do with this topic in general.
But I am kind of new in this section. And wanted to ask you guys
what kind of DVD's I should use to burn my games on. At the moment I am
using DVD+R. But should I switch to other DVD's, or doesn't it matter?

Thank you^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-