DVD Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gidek, Dec 3, 2008.

Dec 3, 2008

DVD Problem by gidek at 2:04 AM (637 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. gidek
    OP

Newcomer gidek Newbie

Poland
    Okey, this is my first post, so i want to say Hello ; d

Specification:
    - Wii Version 3.3E PAL
    - Chip: WiiKey

So what is my problem? Some kind of games don`t work after I do an update from Disaster (PAL) game. Every games i have are written in IMG Burn program, on TDK-R from one partion of discs (100 DVD bought at once). Before that update all of games worked very well without any troubles, now when I start Resident Evil 0 (oryginal game) the screen goes dark and my Wii restart, in Tales of Symphonia (copy) it`s the same error (other works well as always). In Wii games like Boom Blox or DBZ BT3 (copies) is Unable to read the disc error. Disaster, RRR TV Party, Okami, Zack and Wiki, Driver, SMG and other copies (oryginal WiiSports too) works great.

The person who i know from other forum has the same problem with not moded Wii, only on oryginal games (before the update everything was working).

I don`t know what the problem is, so I want to ask for advice. If someting is not readable, sorry I`m from Poland ; p

Peace

2. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    They are trucha signed. Use GeckoOS or downgrade your Wii.

3. gidek
    OP

Newcomer gidek Newbie

Poland
    But how an oryginal RE0 can be trucha signed ? And that games that not work was PAL version, so I burn it without any modification

4. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Are you sure that RE0 worked right before the update and didn't anymore right after? If not it could be number of things: laser getting dirty media scratching/degrading. It just can't have anything to do with the update. [​IMG]

5. gidek
    OP

Newcomer gidek Newbie

Poland
    Yes, i`m very sure that it worked before the update (about RE0 and Tales of Symphonia it`s the same error, Wii read disc, GC menu started, take hand on the Start and then screen goes black and Wii restart itself, problem is on first and second cd!) (tested about 2 weeks before the update, dvd don`t have any scratches and degrading is impossible, becouse every game is burned (and RE0 is oryginal, bought six months ago) on the same partion of TDK-R DVD, and even older games works), and if this is a laser fault why other games still works (as I said the games that works before the update gets an unable to read disc error) ; ]