PoLaK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.

I have a hard modded (Infectus Argon Chip), d2c Wii. I haven't touched my Wii in about two years nows, but I figured that I might as well finished Twilight Princess now because I'd really like to play Skyward Sword next.

I've never previously had any issues with my discs reading, however, my old twilight princess backup won't read anymore. I get a black screen instructing me to take out the disc and to restart the Wii (Using Disc Channel). When I try to load the game using NeoGamma, I also get another drive error. My final attempt was to use Gecko OS, and that gave me DVD ERR (000000000).

My mom occasionally turns on my Wii and uses it to listen to Internet Radio through MPlayer. So I figured maybe she updated something by mistake. I updated my wii to 4.3U, and ran a ModMii installation, to install all the necessary cIOSes and such. However, the issue still persists.

Is it possible that my modchip has somehow gone bad? Maybe a loose wire? Has anybody else ever experienced this before? Any feedback would be nice.

I haven't tried loading any games through USB yet, mainly because I have a HUGE library of DVDs already, and if it's possible, I'd like to fix this before having to resort to USB. Thanks.

PoLaK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I forgot to mention that yes, Retail Discs DO work in the Disc channel. Haven't tried them on NeoGamma or Gecko.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any experience with the Infectus Argon Chip, so someone else will likely have a solution to your problem. However, here are some things that come to mind:

1. Is Twilight Princess the only backup you've tried? Does the same error occur with all of your backups?
2. What region is your Wii? Are your backups of a different region? System Menu version 4.2 improved region-checking.
3. Have you tried using NeoGamma since updating your Wii and using ModMii to re-hack it? When you first used NeoGamma, you might not have had the proper cIOS installed.
4. I do not know the status of the Infectus Argon Chip, but when was the last time you flashed it with an update?

PoLaK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I've tried several backups, all which were working two years ago. Twilight Princess, Bully, House of The Dead, and Super Mario Galaxy.
2. My Wii is the US version, and all my backups are from the US. I was previously able to run backups on 4.2U no problem. With or without softmods installed. In fact, the only reason why I softmodded my Wii in the first place was to try out USB backup launchers, and to install The Homebrew Channel. NeoGamma and Gecko OS both worked fined two years ago on 4.2U as well.

3. I tried NeoGamma and GeckoOS after updating to 4.3U and installing all the cIOSes through ModMii.
4. The last update for Argon was in 2008, and it wasn't even necessary. I was able to run every backup flawlessly (even SSBB when it first came out and everybody was having difficulties).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are your discs DVD-R or DVD+R? If you have a cIOS, then NeoGamma should be able to read DVD-Rs if the media quality is still ok, no matter if your chip is working or not.

Anyways, install the d2x v6 with base IOS56 in slot 249 for NeoGamma, with this you can make sure that the cIOS is not a problem at all. Then update NeoGamma to the latest version, it will give you the actual read error code, although i think it's just the standard "meh can't read the disc" error. But it might be interesting to know where/when you get the error.

PoLaK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Discs are all DVD-R. They all used to work perfectly before.

Anyway, I have an update for you guys. I turned on my Wii yesterday, and everything was working fine. Discs would read in the Disc Channel, and also through NeoGamma. I have no idea why it wasn't working before, but now it's working fine.

Thanks for trying to help, and thanks for the concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!