Homebrew DVD Dumper slow wifi transfer

claud10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have been dumping games through the wifi with waninkoko iso dumper 1.2 without any problem but slow speeds and sometimes disconnections from the router. However, the transfer speeds are stucked at 150k/s in average. I have been reading that people may get up to 500 k/s with this, but I haven t been able to find a solution to my problem. My hardware/software settings are the following

Router Linksys WRT54GL v1.1 Using DD-WRT std-generic firmware v24 sp1
Wireless Mode: AP (default)
Wireless Network Mode: Mixed (default)
Channel: tried all without seeing any difference
Encryption: tried wpa-psk tsik and aes, wpa2 tsik and aes, wep and unencrypted.
Everything else is default

Wii firmware 4.1U, cIOS 249 rev14, dvd dumper 1.2 launched from its own channel (not through HBC).

Browser: tried FF 3.0, IE8 (this does not work at all. It does not even load the index.html)

I was wondering if there s any recommended setting in order to increase the transfer speed. Both the wii and the computer are not wired and wiring any of them is not an option. Haven t tried SD card but I d really love to be able to save the whole iso in one shot through the wifi, without having to split the file. Weird thing is that from fast servers I m able to download at very high speeds from the internet (500 k/s sometimes), so the router should be capable to achieve it.

Thank you for your help

claud10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it is indeed an unchiped wii, but as far as I know the cIOS 249 has a limited read speed of 3x instead of 6x as the default wii disc reader. So... In such a case, people with chiped wiis should experience the same symptoms if I am right. Please correct me if I m wrong. The problem with USB and/or SD is that, for what I ve read, SD and USB are limited to deal with files of at most 4gig, so dumping process must be redone in the middle of it, and what I usually do is to leave the wii dumping the disc all night so it is done by the morning.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
people with modchips will read at full 6x

personally i gave up dumping my own full iso's a long time ago, i either dump my original to a usb loader (this removes all other partitions and only saves the game data thus is not a 1:1) which takes 30mins max

or download a scene rip, at the time its taking you to rip your own you could even torrent a release let alone newsgroup it lol

claud10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot, finally I quit from dumping using dvd dumper. Found SuperDump that dups in 0.5h! Much bettah
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)