Hacking DVD Dumper fails to dump to a flash drive...

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, Wi-fi works just fine but with a flash drive right after it says insert drive and I push A it says it failed to mount it.

Anyone know if there's a solution for it? I think I'm using Waninkoko's 1.3.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
kedest said:
do you have a cios installed with support for that device?
Support for what device? XD
The one that you're using.....
You mean the flash drive? Well, the flash drive works with USB Loader GX so I know my Wii can recognize it.
Oh THAT'S WHY! You have it formatted with WBFS. It needs to be formatted in FAT32. That means you cannot use it for Wii Games and to dump an ISO at the same time.

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
kedest said:
do you have a cios installed with support for that device?
Support for what device? XD
The one that you're using.....
You mean the flash drive? Well, the flash drive works with USB Loader GX so I know my Wii can recognize it.
Oh THAT'S WHY! You have it formatted with WBFS. It needs to be formatted in FAT32. That means you cannot use it for Wii Games and to dump an ISO at the same time.
Well, I forgot that I also tried an unused flash drive formatted at FAT, but maybe FAT32 is the right one. I'll try it.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
Well, I forgot that I also tried an unused flash drive formatted at FAT, but maybe FAT32 is the right one. I'll try it.
Actually I shouldn't have said FAT32. FAT or FAT32 should work. If it doesn't then it's probably just that your drive is incompatible with the Wii on FAT/FAT32 but compatible with USB Loaders.

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
Actually I shouldn't have said FAT32. FAT or FAT32 should work. If it doesn't then it's probably just that your drive is incompatible with the Wii on FAT/FAT32 but compatible with USB Loaders.
Yea, it's still not working. You sure it's not something to do with a cIOS?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
Which rev of cIOS are you using?

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
Which rev of cIOS are you using?
9. Should I install 12?

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, it's still not working.
frown.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
frown.gif
Hmm. I don't know. It is probably just your flash drive. Some just don't work. Don't go back to rev9, though. Rev12 is good in general. Try using a different flash drive, if you have one.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I remembered something. Try switching the USB port you're using it in. I have heard of that making a difference.

CHUNKYBOWSER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
frown.gif
Hmm. I don't know. It is probably just your flash drive. Some just don't work. Don't go back to rev9, though. Rev12 is good in general. Try using a different flash drive, if you have one.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I remembered something. Try switching the USB port you're using it in. I have heard of that making a difference.
Eh, I already tried. Thanks anyway for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-