Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The thing is most DVD players will not play straight data formats, and those that do only take specific divx/xvid, not anything at (x)x720.

While burning it as straight data may work in some cases, in this case conversion IS needed, it needs to downsample every frame and all that jazz.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a PS3 it can play MP4 files
Either backup the movies as data (no converting) to DVD-/+Rs or copy them to a FAT32 formatted external hard-drive and play them with a PS3.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Well you could either get a long VGA/HDMI cable or move your PC next to the HDTV.
If you really want to convert 720p MP4 files to a standard 480p DVD iso, try out ConvertXtoDVD.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
If your DVD player has a usb port, just copy the movie onto that, it should keep the 720p quality and no time wasted converting or burning, just a simple copy onto usb then chuck it in a dvd player and voila, of course, that is if you have a usb port on your DVD player...

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this will help and I know your out of work at the moment. I got one of those little media players off of dx for around 25$ and it works great for her. We just mail a micro sd back and forth for her viewing pleasure. I tried to post a link but censorship.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
deal extreme?
Yeah. Deal extreme. I'm sure the other sites like price angels and lightake probably have them too. The one I bought does up to 720p but my mom only has an sdtv. I tried it out on my HDTV and it looked great.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
couple of ways of watching HD stuff on your tv without converting to Mpeg2

as the guy above me said play stuff from USB if your dvd player can do it, LG dvx492h can play stuff from a dongle, to really take advantage buy a blu ray player with MKV support, that will play it in HD for you but can be pricey, other option you could always stream it from your pc to your tv or blu ray player if you have one.

if your thinking of getting something that has MKV support make sure it supports NTFS so you can watch bigger files than 4gb as most players only use FAT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone