Hacking DVD backup not found in WBFS managers

todd72173

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WBFS manager 3.0 does not find my DVD backup. It finds the ISO files just fine as I was able to dump ISO file from my PC to WBFS external drive. However, I need to know how to make it recognize my burnt WII games on DVD already so I can move them to my 1TB WBFS formatted drive. I already have 20+ games on my WBFS drive because I used ConfUSBLoader to copy them over. Now I realized I need to use my PC to transfer them because its much faster.

Is it not possible to transfer a DVD backup to my external WBFS formatted drive using the PC? The WII console does it just fine. How come no PC app can do this? Thanks in advanced.

I tried both below but neither would recognize the dvd wii game.
ncWBFSTool_v1.0
english wbfs_intelligent

Only WiiBackupManager0.2.4r2 recognized wii dvd gaame, byt would not copy it to wbfs drive

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i needed to do the same thing about half a year ago.

i just used imgburn to create isos of my games and added em by using wbfs manager to my wbfs formated drive.

there might be better tools now tho
smile.gif
maybe u can use "Wii Backup Manager" for that matter.
at least i saw a dvd tab there
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=190&t=188295

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were tools to do direct DVD BACKUP->WBFS half a year ago and there are probably betters ones now, although the one I used back then worked fine.

Do a Google search for wbfsgui_v25_eng and that'll get the job done. Just don't click the 'InitWBFS' button as that'll erase your WBFS partition. Just set the 'DVDdrive' pulldown box to your PC's DVD drive letter and the 'USBdrv1' pulldown box to your WBFS partition's drive letter, put the backup in your PC's DVD drive, click the 'Load' button, select the game in the box immediately below and then click the '>>>' button next to the box on the right (the upper one to the right of the smaller top box, not the lower one) and that should copy the backup onto the WBFS partition. If you get a strange name like ??WII?????????! instead of the actual game name, title ID and size, just copy that over anyways and it should be fine on the WBFS partition, according to others. I didn't have this strange anomaly when I first used this tool many months ago, but recently when helping another user with it, this weird problem came up. I don't know if a clean reboot is what fixed it or the fact that I deleted WBFS Manager 3.0 as well as .NET 3.5 or whatever it's called from my system, but one of the above solved the problem and the tool was working correctly again.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if you read his post, you'll see he clearly states he's already copied 20+ games using his Wii and a USB loader. He's looking for a much quicker way to do it using his PC's DVD drive, which IS much, much quicker, and has the (perhaps insignificant) added benefit of saving a small amount of wear and tear on the Wii's drive.

todd72173

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried wbfsgui_v25_eng and it just says this when I choose the DVD drives -"???WII?????!. In fact it says that for all my dvd drives. So its not working.

Ahh. Ill just continue to use WII and ConfUSBLoader for now until I can get this resolved. Im suprised WBFSManager3.0.1-RTW-x86.zip does not copy from DVDs. Im guessing they havent figured it out or is unstable.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reading my entire post. I already mentioned the oddball naming and explained that according to others who added games while it was doing that, it worked fine. You can also read in the post about how I got the names to display correctly. Try it from a cold reboot (before running any other WBFS apps). If that doesn't work, and you can deal with uninstalling WBFSManager3.0.1, then uninstall that and try again from a cold reboot. The other thing I did you might not be willing to do and that was uninstalling .NET 3.5.

Trust me, if you have a large number of backups to copy over, you'll save loads of time using that tool. And I'll repeat it just one more time, give it a try even with the oddball ???WII??????! naming and see what happens. It should still work and the game will show up correctly in the other WBFS managers. Some of the smaller games copy over in under a minute, and the average size games take ~5 minutes if I remember correctly.

todd72173

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
Try reading my entire post. I already mentioned the oddball naming and explained that according to others who added games while it was doing that, it worked fine. You can also read in the post about how I got the names to display correctly. Try it from a cold reboot (before running any other WBFS apps). If that doesn't work, and you can deal with uninstalling WBFSManager3.0.1, then uninstall that and try again from a cold reboot. The other thing I did you might not be willing to do and that was uninstalling .NET 3.5.

Trust me, if you have a large number of backups to copy over, you'll save loads of time using that tool. And I'll repeat it just one more time, give it a try even with the oddball ???WII??????! naming and see what happens. It should still work and the game will show up correctly in the other WBFS managers. Some of the smaller games copy over in under a minute, and the average size games take ~5 minutes if I remember correctly.

Im not going to bother reinstalling .NET 3.5 and all these other apps just for this one single app. I dont trust an app if I need to jump through hoops to even see if it works. Ill stick with the WII console for now until someone can develop a working app that does not have a ton of bugs.

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:
Give WBM another try, there was a little bug I fixed recently..

QUOTE said:
Fixed: DVD to large WBFS drive didn't work. The buffer was too small, so now it's dynamically allocated.

WBFS Intelligent actually does straight dvd to wbfs drive backups, I didn't realise you could do this with wbfs manager.

todd72173

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
Give WBM another try, there was a little bug I fixed recently..

QUOTE said:
Fixed: DVD to large WBFS drive didn't work. The buffer was too small, so now it's dynamically allocated.

Worked!!! OMG! It recognized my DVD's in 'DVD' tab and also recognized my 1TB HD in 'Drive1' tab!! Transferred 2 games already in minutes..
* I also did try "WBFS Intelligent" and that did not work either..

Thanks everyone for all your advice as now I can finally get my DVDS backed up to the WII Harddrive without taking months! Recommend everyone to use "WiiBackupManager0.3.0beta4" as that was the only one that worked for me!

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
todd72173 said:
Skizzo said:

Im not going to bother reinstalling .NET 3.5 and all these other apps just for this one single app. I dont trust an app if I need to jump through hoops to even see if it works. Ill stick with the WII console for now until someone can develop a working app that does not have a ton of bugs.
Well do what you want. But as I said, when I initially used the app, it worked exactly as expected with no bugs whatsoever. I believe it was something else that was installed subsequently that 'broke' it, perhaps WDM or the method I used to install .NET 3.5, which was using one of those 'unofficial' installers. I will say that it does seem kind of ignorant and/or childish not to even try it, even as-is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-