Gaming DVD 9 Problems

Sonto340

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got the DVD5 working as good as it can, only crashes when a video tries to load, and I downloaded the DVD9 version, and When I put it in, it reads the game startup screen (On the Disc Channel) BUt then after it loads the intro, it gives me a green Screen, and all that's in english is Wii. If anyone has encountered this problem, what is it? It my lens dirty? How would I go about cleaning it if it is?

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try TDK.

I have Verbatim as well and it gives me the same problems. A friend of mine tried TDK now and it works for him. Still waiting for my DVD to arrive, but I'll let you know if it works for me as soon as I get it. Probably won't be before the end of this week though, so might as well give it a try yourself

*Edit: BTW, just reinsert the disc when that happens. It works as a temporary solution
smile.gif

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used the made in Signapore Verbatim, and it gave me this error. Is it just a freak occurence?

No, it also depends a lot on the burner. Usually verbatim, tdk or memorex will work but, occasionally, fails on some burners. If you happen to have another (preferebly non-laptop) burner around, maybe you'd want to try that. Just remember to use slowish burning speed, definitely under 8x (2.4x-4x).

Also, if you are using a modchip other that wiikey, you just quite maybe won't be able to get it to run at all. Let us know if this is your case, and I'll try to give you more options to try once a solution to that case is confirmed.

Shiroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
White screen with green words is just a "Japanese DRE"
tongue.gif

In another thread I posted my experience with DVD media.

You don't only need a good media, but also a good burner that likes that good media, and to make the things more difficult your Wii must like that good media burned on a good burner.

But generally having a good burner (Pioneer 212D for example) it's just a matter of finding the media that the Wii likes, and burn it on a slow speed.

Sonto340

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, okay, so I'll try out some other media, I'm going to the city near my town this weekend, I'll let you guys know then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise