DVD 9 Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sonto340, Feb 10, 2008.

Feb 10, 2008

DVD 9 Problems by Sonto340 at 11:19 PM (1,109 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Sonto340
    OP

Newcomer Sonto340 Member

United States
    Well I got the DVD5 working as good as it can, only crashes when a video tries to load, and I downloaded the DVD9 version, and When I put it in, it reads the game startup screen (On the Disc Channel) BUt then after it loads the intro, it gives me a green Screen, and all that's in english is Wii. If anyone has encountered this problem, what is it? It my lens dirty? How would I go about cleaning it if it is?

2. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I used a better media (from Memorex to Verbatim) and this fixed the green screen error for me.

3. Sonto340
    OP

Newcomer Sonto340 Member

United States
    I used the made in Signapore Verbatim, and it gave me this error. Is it just a freak occurence?

4. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try TDK.

I have Verbatim as well and it gives me the same problems. A friend of mine tried TDK now and it works for him. Still waiting for my DVD to arrive, but I'll let you know if it works for me as soon as I get it. Probably won't be before the end of this week though, so might as well give it a try yourself

*Edit: BTW, just reinsert the disc when that happens. It works as a temporary solution [​IMG]

5. enriqueiglesias

Newcomer enriqueiglesias Advanced Member

France
    No, it also depends a lot on the burner. Usually verbatim, tdk or memorex will work but, occasionally, fails on some burners. If you happen to have another (preferebly non-laptop) burner around, maybe you'd want to try that. Just remember to use slowish burning speed, definitely under 8x (2.4x-4x).

Also, if you are using a modchip other that wiikey, you just quite maybe won't be able to get it to run at all. Let us know if this is your case, and I'll try to give you more options to try once a solution to that case is confirmed.

6. Shiroi

Newcomer Shiroi Newbie

Chile
    White screen with green words is just a "Japanese DRE" [​IMG]

In another thread I posted my experience with DVD media.

You don't only need a good media, but also a good burner that likes that good media, and to make the things more difficult your Wii must like that good media burned on a good burner.

But generally having a good burner (Pioneer 212D for example) it's just a matter of finding the media that the Wii likes, and burn it on a slow speed.

7. Sonto340
    OP

Newcomer Sonto340 Member

United States
    Hmm, okay, so I'll try out some other media, I'm going to the city near my town this weekend, I'll let you guys know then.