Hacking DumpsterU - Wii U Harddrive Dumper

chocofenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, apologies, im looking to extract my wii and gc games for use on another wiiu, how do i convert the extracted games? i may be missing a step but when using nuspacker it errors about fw.img, but when loading the game the wii u errors so im guessing thats what tells it its a wii / gc game?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
hi, apologies, im looking to extract my wii and gc games for use on another wiiu, how do i convert the extracted games? i may be missing a step but when using nuspacker it errors about fw.img, but when loading the game the wii u errors so im guessing thats what tells it its a wii / gc game?
You convert the isos with tecon moons VC injector.

punkjah007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture.png

While using DumpsterU, after putting in the otp and seeprom, I am getting this error message. I have been getting the bins using Nanddumper, and have tried multiple backups (which was suggested in another forum) with no luck. Anyone have a solution for this error message?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 381732

While using DumpsterU, after putting in the otp and seeprom, I am getting this error message. I have been getting the bins using Nanddumper, and have tried multiple backups (which was suggested in another forum) with no luck. Anyone have a solution for this error message?
Maybe a stupid question, but is the seeprom and otp.bin from the same console?

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
View attachment 381732

stupid question:

did you select the correct external hard drive?

punkjah007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All from the same Wii-U. I only have the one.
Yes, I am choosing the harddrive based on harddrive size and model name. It should be right.

I am getting DumpsterU from https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumpsteru-wii-u-harddrive-dumper.568513/
I am running Nanddumper on the Wii-U, which creates the bins and saves them to the SD card.
I am connecting my external drive to the PC. Which I can see listed in the DumpsterU drop down so it is being detected.
I am loading the otp.bin and seeprom.bin in Dumpster U from the SD card (Where Nanddumper puts them).
Error message. (That's as far as I get).

Last edited by punkjah007,

punkjah007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still working on this. I have tried reformatted my external harddrive (which I hadn't tried yet), reinstalling DumpsterU (from the source website) and redumped my otp and seeprom (for probably the 20th time) and its still not working. I have read and followed GaryOderNichts tutorial on the download page and I'm doing everything its instructing. At first, I thought I must be missing a step, but I have been over the process several times at this point. I am now thinking there just must be some kind of incompatibility issue. Is this compatible with the latest Wii U system Software (ver 5.5.6)?

Update: I attempted the same process on an old laptop I had around and had the same results.

Last edited by punkjah007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1