Dumping system memory

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by funem, Jul 17, 2010.

Jul 17, 2010

Dumping system memory by funem at 9:54 PM (1,015 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. funem
    OP

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    If you are sent a game or demo by "DS Download Play" is there a way to capture this and dump it to a cart or other device, I guess it’s basically dumping system memory as the whole game is stored in memory, if it can’t be dumped directly from memory is there a way to capture the data being sent and dump that ?

Many thanks..

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    There isn't. How is a flashcart expected to boot without rebooting the DS so you can run the homebrew to do that?

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    the only way to do it is if you have the Demo cart and dump that data

mainly corrupt owners that run a GAME or GAMESTOP or people that get hold of them once they give them to the staff who dump them

4. funem
    OP

United Kingdom
    I wasnt expecting to use a flash cart to capture it, I thought there may be a utility that can run on the flash cart that just reads and dumps incoming data over wi-fi. Just because you cant think of a way doesent mean there isnt one.

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I haven't tried it myself, but from what I gather from posts on here, there's a dump of the DS firmware as a NDS file. I remember the n00bs wrongly thinking they would be able to hack the DSi with it. If you can find this, run it on a DSTWO, do your download play and then make a Real Time Save; that would technically be a memory dump would it not? i'm presuming the real time save files will work if transferred to another cart.

6. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I forgot where I got it, but I do have that NDS firmware file. I don't have a DSTWO though, only an Acekard2i.

7. funem
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was looking to capture and dump a game demo sent from an existing game on one DS as it was received by the other DS or maybe sent to a PC that could capture the data. I am sure I have seen this being done ( quite a while back ).

[​IMG]

8. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    If I'm not mistaken, the DS Download Demos are sent by RSA encryption, making it tough to get the data.

9. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    I'm not sure about this, but I think you have to capture the WiFi packets and reassemble them to a .nds file. You should read this thread "Wmb Asm development(ninchdl-listext released)" over at gbadev.org. Maybe it has the info you need.