Question Dumping my own cartridges question

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Haloman800, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    If I dump my own cartridges (e.g. Super Mario Odyssey), and played the backup (SX Pro) whilst at the same time another switch was playing on the original, would that risk one or both of them getting banned?

Steps I'm taking to avoid being banned:

1. deleting wifi settings/only playing offline in airplane mode
    2. turning off "send error reports"
    3. dumping my own cartridges (but then again, if another switch plays the original, would it be a ban risk?)

Anything else?

Canna likes this.
  2. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Your guess is as good as mine, but you wont be banned till you go online, and only if they can some how prove you have run the same game on both consoles at the same time...Im not sure if cart dumps pass checks ..

But remember nintendo can sniff your console soon as it go's online.

If the console playing original cart is not hacked modded or using cfw etc and is stock i cannot see this being banned,
    But could be flagged if somehow it was detected that that cart Cert was being run on a hacked modded switch,,or at the same time...

But like i said i am unsure....Maybe you could maybe you could not, there is always a risk buddy, and its upto you if you want to gamble...
    that said
    Staying offline it will work, soon as you go online expect the hammer...

3. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    My plan was to:
    1. only plan games offline,
    2. play original cartridges/games online (e.g. fortnite).

Getting banned would really suck. My 8 year old nephew is obsessed with fortnite and would be crushed if I couldn't play with him anymore.

Canna likes this.
  4. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Then buy the other cart of the one you wanted to copy and don't break a kiddies heart, you mean mean man you

Its upto you budd, there is no sure way not to get banned no matter what anyone says there is always a risk. We are not so sure what they are looking for to ban us or how we can prevent or protect against it at this time..

Of course if you keep them both offline your be fine no online no ban simple, but like i said soon as you go online your at a risk ....

How i see it,
    My switch has never been online.
    I had not used any cfw or hacked my switch.. Thats when I made a full backup virgin nand.
    Then i started messing with cfw and games and home brew.
    My plan is to restore back to virgin nand if i ever wish to go online in future, this may or may not work but its worth a try and worth reporting to the ban thread here... By that time we may have a solution.

Sorry to rant on but its upto you friend, good luck

5. Haloman800
    OP

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Great. I'm going to dump the NAND before I do anything. And hmm I will probably play Fortnite with him on some other console for now, until (hoping) there's a more sure way to avoid getting banned.

What tool did you use to backup your NAND? Hekate?

6. Canna

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Haloman800 likes this.