Dumping GBA Clone Nand

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SSG Vegeta, Oct 27, 2014.

1. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    My name is Super Saiyan God Vegeta I was wondering if its possible to dump a GBA clone's nand file on to a real GBA using a usb to nand mod

2. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    umm.. what? I'm pretty sure GBA doesnt have a 'NAND'.. if you're looking for the BIOS, you can download that literally anywhere.

3. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

But that would be piracy, and piracy is illegal. :teach:

4. Reisyukaku

Reisyukaku Onii-sama~

Feb 11, 2014
    United States
    It's technically not illegal if you own the device =)
    either way, gbatek is your friend.

5. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    GBA clones have the unique ability to play built-in games without the use of a flash cart so i'm hoping that that ability would be installed if I did that

6. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

It's still technically illegal to download roms and software that you actually own off the internet. The rule with rom copies and stuff is that you have to have dumped your own copy for it to not be illegal.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom

Yes, I work for Nintendo.

Technically.

7. Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor Banned

Banned
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States

No Vegeta, dumping the "NAND" as you call it from a clone and putting it on a real GBA won't make it run "built-in games". Actually it's not even possible to do that. You can only dump a BIOS from a real GBA, you can't even do that on a clone.

You're still going about clones and built-in games. Let me explain how those built-in games work. There's pretty much a flashcart buit inside the clone and it boots games from that. It's the same thing as a flashcardt except you can't change any games, nor retrieve your save data, so it's much worse.

So yeah, it's not an unique ability, it's pretty much a flashcart soldered inside of it. And it's a separate NAND chip from the BIOS too, complete with a circuit, so no, you can't transplant that onto a real GBA. I don't know why you insist on having built-in games.

8. Patuli

Patuli Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Mexico
    Well, if he insist on and emulator clone machine, why not just get a jxd s7800b or a gcw zero?
    those two are way better than a gba clone and are loaded with "built-in games"
    And the emulation is near perfect with retroarch.

9. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I thought as much, I've never had much luck with GBA clones playing games correctly. I've found that they usually just emulate said built-in games.

10. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I made it clear in my last thread that i'm ALSO trying to get a NN3DS XL spending $70 for a GBA & an additional $45 depending on which card I get isn't in the cards plus I have NO experience what so ever setting up GBA flash kits with a clone all you have to do is turn the GBA on without a game inserted GBA flash carts these days come without any type of manual I'd like to kill two birds with one stone

Do you still have any GBA clones i'll gladly give you my SP it has a few scratches but other than that everything works i'll except any GBA clone as long as its not a GBA SP Clone if it is i'll have it modded into its original GBA form factor

From what i've seen those prices are high JXD is over $100 & GCW Zero is at the most a hundred $100 & I haven't been paid everytime my parents get money it goes to a land lord or bills so I haven't been paid I was lucky enough to even get $64 trade credit but we all know that's not remotely enough to get a NN3DS XL its probably going to be in the neighborhood of $250

EDIT: Merged -rp

11. jamespoo

jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    i own this

http://www.everbuying.com/product534799.html

its great and use this coupon to get 8% off FB08WEB

12. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

Thanks but I really really want a fat GBA clone & sense those lazy bootleggers arent making GBA clones I think I take my chances with ebay or amazon china sense I have a huge possibility of getting a fat GBA clone original with built-in games but thanks :)

13. Randamin

Randamin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    United States
    Laredo, TX
    I don't think Big N would price it that high since the Vita is $200 nowadays with a bundled game and it may not be in their best interest to sell for a high price. The current 3DSXL is still good for what it is and is reasonably priced. At the low end of the spectrum I found one at a pawn shop where the exterior shell was badly scuffed but did have 4.4 and was only $100. Just a matter of getting an external case or replacing the panel.

14. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    The reason why I say $250 is because when the regular 3DS came out it was $245 I think maybe wrong tho looking at other regions prices they're somewhat high but that's pretty much why i'm saying the price will be $250 or $200

15. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Don't triple post. It's not the first time you do it and you know that.

I've merged them this time. Thanks.

16. SSG Vegeta
    OP

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    When did I possibly tripple post I posted once in this thread once & only once if I did it wasn't intensional