Hacking Dumped Zelda:ALBW, Savegaming missing?

lupus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello folks,

My gf has an 3DS XL and Zelda. But since we both like Zelda, I decided to buy another 3DS XL, but this time with an Gateway Card.

Since I played several hours on Zelda, I wanted to dump this ROM and the save game. I got the following files:
BZLP.3DS , 1 GB size
BZLP.SAV , 128 KB size

When I start Zelda via Gateway, it does not show me any save games. I then tried to rename the save file to 00040000000EC400.sav. But still not successful.

Is the save somehow encrypted with the key from my gf's 3DS? Is there any chance to copy the save game or do I have to start over?

I am hoping I did something wrong, or have missing something. If it helps: The original cartridge still has the save game, it's still working in my gf's 3DS.

Thanks in advance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Several things:
- For gateway to work with dumped saves you have to rename the rom extension to 3dz.
- However, it will only work with 512 kb saves and there are no ways to make other saves work at the moment.
- Newer games using the 6.x save encryption will only work if they have been played in gw classic mode since gw does not yet support that encryption.
- Renaming the save file like you did is correct, it won't be detected otherwise.

So in other words there are several reasons why the save won't work, and no word on when (if ever) those those issues will be fixed.

Reactions: lupus77

lupus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks. This solves the mystery then. The Zelda save dump is 128 kb. I just renamed the rom extension to 3dz and the save still does not load. At least now I know the reason. I either start a new game or we keep fighting over the Zelda cartridge, lol :D

lupus77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gonna bring back my old thread as there may be new development in dumping the savegame.

Could dumping work with savedatafiler? Or will this still be a problem because of the keyy method Zelda uses? Or should I wait for the new gateway release, which seems to be near.

Thanks, and a happy new year!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"