Dumped MH4 save doesn't work with dumped Rom?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SpaceJump, Mar 16, 2015.

1. SpaceJump
    OP

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    I just dumped my MH4 cart and its save on my N3DS and wanted to use them together with Gateway, but when I start the rom from the GW, a message comes up telling that the save is corrupted and needs to be formatted. I did the same last year with MH3 and MK7 and it worked with those.

Am I missing something?

2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Gateway still uses their stupid save crypto workaround in Gateway Mode (they use the pre 6.x save crypto). This means you won't be able to use your own save from a >6.x retail cartridge even with your personal 3DZ dump of the cartridge you got the save from.

I hoped they'd fix this crappy solution with New 3DS support, but nope.

GothicIII likes this.
  3. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ^
    This statement seems true. I've got a private Dump of PokemonX and it doesn't work with gateway either. Copying that with a modified template to a Sky3DS and the game loads fine even on GW Classic mode.

thaikhoa likes this.
  4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    That's why Sky3DS is my main card. GW for booting Classic Mode Emunand.

5. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Oooops...

6. SpaceJump
    OP

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    I see. Then let's hope that GW fixes the save crypto in one of the next updates.

7. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This issue is pretty old now. It was already sent to GW in early 2014. I don't think that they fix it anytime soon. You see their efforts on 3.1.0. They sit it out since Nov'14 and decided to release now (because noone leaked a new exploit) instead of improving their work/do bugfixes.