Dump / Backup PS4 disc games to pkg file 5.05 (Video Tutorial)

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by playstationexploit, Jun 5, 2018.

1. playstationexploit
    OP

playstationexploit Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    India
  2. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    I'm getting errors with this trying to create a pkg of Uncharted Remastered collection. Error says something about png format not valid.

3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes it does error, try use latest fpkg (3.12 + 2 hot foxes) generator, and if you still get errors you can always manually fix pngs very easily.

It can’t be shared here...

4. darkfuturez

darkfuturez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Canada
    Is there a video tutorial for fpkg backups with keystone so I can keep my save from the legit backup?

5. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    No but there is a GUI tool available, it’s easy, you just have to set your fakepkgs to be modifiable in pubgen.

6. darkfuturez

darkfuturez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2015
    Canada
    Here is my situation, I have previously successfully backed up and installed nier automata with my save. Now I am trying to do the same for uncharted 4. I created the gp4 with the patched version, then created the modified pkg with orbis loader. Then once I got my fpkg I used the keystone v0.2 gui to inject the keystone. But I am getting corrupted save after installing on my ps4.

The copy of uncharted 4 is from the library so I don't know if it's the same one I used initially (not sure if this makes a difference if the disc is not the same). I have a backup of the uncharted save, can I just drag the save files back to the ps4??

7. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @darkfuturez afaik you need to start the game and save to use the saves.

I’m sure I read that somewhere.... haven’t done it myself. Don’t have any disc games accessible.

PR0r likes this.