Duke Nukem Forever trailler tomorrow

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
"Last Saturday we had our annual company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun as usual but it featured one special surprise. It turns out that several people had been secretly working late nights and into the wee hours of the morning preparing a special video for those at the party. They created a short teaser for Duke Nukem Forever.

After seeing the teaser we thought it was something we should share with all of you and while it's just a teaser, rest assured more is coming.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th, around noon CST, we will release the first teaser trailer from Duke Nukem Forever. To tide you over until then, there has been a screen shot taken from the teaser and posted in our forums. Check it out here.

Thank you for being fans of the game and for your continued patience.

We'd like to thank the people on the team that worked so hard to create this teaser and the friends of 3DR that helped create it (Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule, Frank Bry, Jason Evigan and of course, Jon St. John)."

http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/index.php

Server busy.. OBVIOUSLY its ***** DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!

Picture (WAYYY to big to post, and lazy to resize)

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah are they using a different engine for the game now?

Seriously even if they are by the time it comes out it will probably be too old looking, then they'll delay to update into the latest engine again...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They've redone the engine 3 times.

The original screenshots still look pretty good
ohmy.gif

05.jpg

10.jpg

08.jpg

these are from 1999
ohmy.gif

Really wish I could play this game soon
frown.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played a duke nukem game for about 4 years (still own my DN3D game from '96).
Can't believe we finally get something for all those years without duke nukem.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
2001 trailer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iPX_y7wP_ko

gawd that game sounds SO SWEET, still never got released... well lets hope for a game like that one with better graphics

It's the first time I see that, and it totally kicks ass. Niiiice!
I hope the game can actually reach that level.

The funny thing is that that game was suppose to let you do what others have already done a long time ago. I truly hope it still feels fresh.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
God I want to play this game
laugh.gif

I have an issue of a UK PC gaming mag from around 1999 with preview screen shots in it. I think it's the same magazine where they have a preview of the original The Sims game saying it could be a "hit or miss game"
laugh.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Is this confirmed as PC only? Would suck hard if I had to pass on this after such a wait. Also Prey took like 10 years to come out and even though it was quite short it was a sweet game
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this confirmed as PC only? Would suck hard if I had to pass on this after such a wait. Also Prey took like 10 years to come out and even though it was quite short it was a sweet game
biggrin.gif
Last I heard it was Gamecube and Xbox as well. I reckon it'll goto PS3 & 360.

Didn't Prey & Max Payne use the Duke3D engine originally?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this confirmed as PC only? Would suck hard if I had to pass on this after such a wait. Also Prey took like 10 years to come out and even though it was quite short it was a sweet game
biggrin.gif

Last I heard it was Gamecube and Xbox as well. I reckon it'll goto PS3 & 360.

Didn't Prey & Max Payne use the Duke3D engine originally?

Prey.. maybe.. but Max Payne.. no way.. Duke3D engine was not "really 3d".. the environment was 3d, but the enemies and itens were all 2d sprites, Max Payne wouldn't work on that.

I remember spending some good amount of time using the Build tool that came with Duke3D to make levels.. too bad that by that time i didn't have internet connection to share the levels.. and eventually I had some problems with my hard drive and lost them
frown.gif

I played a lot of Duke3d when I was like 12.. and by that time I was already waiting for Duke Nukem 4ever.. just for the record.. now I'm 22
tongue.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People have waited so long and have gotten so many release dates they don't think it will ever come including me

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Huh?

They've always said it's coming out 'when it's done' since its original announcement 10 years ago. In this trailer they say 'stay tuned' which implies more information is to come (hopefully)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I am trying to hack Fire Emblem Warriors on my 2DS XL, I have been trying to get it to work, but...