DualShock 3, Vista x64, issues

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Touko White, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Things I've already tried:

MotionInjoy 0.6003
    Doesn't work, just a white page after long. Trying local doesn't work either nor help.
    MotionInjoy 0.7001
    None of the buttons are clickable on the shitty UI and the application permanently stops working after one time. Doesn't detect the controller either.
    SCP Driver
    Worked, but only on the first time. The analog sticks don't work, either. After that, it stopped working completely.

So, how do I get it to work? Mind that I have a Vista system, and refuse to upgrade to 7, simply because Vista SP2 is almost the exact same thing as 7, just it looks nicer and runs better as far as I have tested.

There doesn't seem to be anything to help on Google.

MotionInjoy is just useless, it worked for me (v0.6001) back in January 2016 on my other Vista computer, but doesn't now.

2. vpd

vpd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2009
    I use the drivers from motioninjoy with
    BetterDS3.
    Installed motioninjoy in a virtual machine, grabbed drivers on thier own from install, manually install drivers on main pc and used betterDS3
    http://betterds3.ciebiera.net

3. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I tried BetterDS3 but it kept throwing unhandled exception errors or something like that and wouldn't detect the controller.

4. vpd

vpd GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2009
    Have you tried completely removing all of the above and reinstalling one, with motioninjoy to properly uninstall use the uninstaller, then open device manager, select show hidden/removed device's. Find motioninjoy entries and Right click and delete and tick the box that says delete driver aswell

5. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Oh, I've not done that before. I'll give it a try, thanks.

6. streetbrawler123

streetbrawler123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2013
    Netherlands
    try this it works fine for me

7. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    For me, this method worked nicely:
    No need to install motioninjoy, just manually install the drivers and then use BetterDS3. You can emulate an XBOX360 controller perfectly, useful for many games.
    I used that on Windows 7 x64, but it should also work for Vista. Read the comments on the video, they can help too.

8. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I'm getting a playback error. However, I did watch the video, although I have no 'Devices and Printers' because I don't use Windows 7.

@Dust2dust I'll start but his commentary is horrible.

9. DarkGabbz

DarkGabbz Resident XBOX Guy

Dec 29, 2015
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Modding Xbox'es
    Try disabling the Driver signature enforcement.

10. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I actually got motioninjoy ds3 tool to work properly and not permanently crash when exiting now, just downloaded a different version from another site. :)

11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    MotionInJoy sucks! Check this one.. its great:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

12. Touko White
    OP

Touko White (not)Banned

Jan 12, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I already tried that one before, but it didn't work, as stated (iirc thats the scp driver)