Dual micro sd adapter

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Binki I'm so frigging jealous of your Switch mate, it's the best looking one I've seen!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that all goes well with this upgrade :)

I don’t know, man. There’s some really neat setups out there (plus I know where all my setup’s flaws are.)

I’m hoping we can make something Dragon-esque here and open source the SDCard stuff so people can source their own board from the vendor of their choice (and do the Ninty fitment bits as a DIY 3D print.)

• Love
Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t know, man. There’s some really neat setups out there (plus I know where all my setup’s flaws are.)

I’m hoping we can make something Dragon-esque here and open source the SDCard stuff so people can source their own board from the vendor of their choice (and do the Ninty fitment bits as a DIY 3D print.)

Even the most beautiful people have some small flaws mate, the world would be boring without flaws..... I still think your's is pretty damn lovely and I genuinely love following it's progress :)

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The specification for SD cards does mention using multiple cards connected to the same host. The Switch doesn't have this capability and it needs software support. But i think you can get away with switching the CLK line only if you keep it at maximum 2 cards only and keep the lines very short. The Switch can clock SD cards at 208 MHz which is very noise prone.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just learned a little bit more about the difference between a FSSD06 and an FSSD07. The 07 switches between 2 hosts writing to one card while the 06 switches between 2 cards and one host.
The FSSD06 is a two-port multiplexer that allows Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital I/O (SDIO), and Multimedia Card (MMC) host controllers to be expanded out to multiple cards or peripherals. This configuration enables the CMD, CLK, and D[3:0] signals to be multiplexed to dual-card peripherals. It is optimized for 1-bit / 4-bit SD / MMC applications.

The architecture includes the necessary bi-directional data and command transfer capability for single high-voltage cards or dual-voltage supply cards. The clock path for the FSSD06 is a uni-directional buffer with an integrated pull-up for high-impedance mode.
Typical applications involve switching in portables and consumer applications: cell phones, digital cameras, home theater monitors, portable GPS units, and printers.

clearly we want to 06.

https://www.onsemi.com/download/data-sheet/pdf/fssd06-d.pdf

pulling the old AliExpress trigger…more on this as we find out.

Reactions: peteruk

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Anyway, I'm still kinda hoping they would make a sd to sata adapter so we can use hard drives or ssds in switch lol
Buy and test
Screenshot_20221225-210048_Chrome.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294129876903

• Wow
Reactions: peteruk and Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: