Hacking DSTWO won't boot EOS in any DS (3ds, DSi, lite)

Erran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Im just got myself a Supercard DSTWO and I can't get it to boot. I quickly assumed that it was the firmware that was the issue, but now I am not sure. Here is an album with all error-screens i have received: http://imgur.com/a/Ylnq7

The first thing I did when I got the Cart was to load EOS onto the MicroSD-card and then try it in the 3DS. I got black and white screens: http://i.imgur.com/fPsgvX1h.jpg

I then tried it in my DS Lite, and got the error "An error has occured": http://i.imgur.com/yIT1p5Ph.jpg

I then tried the same with an older version of EOS without any luck. I then tried to switch the MicroSD-card to another one I have but got the same error-messages. I then used Killdisk and SDformatter to wipe the SD-card so that it was as good as new, and then tried again. Still the same "An error has occured" on the DSi and the black and white screens on the 3DS.

After trying all versions of EOS, patched and unpatched, I had to give up and accept that it was a firmware issue. So i dug up my DS LITE with version 5 firmware and tried it on there. The DS Lite got the same black and white screens as the 3DS: http://i.imgur.com/CmlgWK8h.jpg

Now I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my DSTWO faulty?

I also wonder why I see the game title "Alex Rider" when I read other people see "Fish Tycoon"?

3DS firmware: 2.2.0-0E
DSi firmware: 1.4E
DS Lite: Version 5, Magneta

Check out the whole album here: http://imgur.com/a/Ylnq7

EDIT: I have found the problem and the solution was simple! After getting the same error on a brand new DSTWO I was stumped. I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong, so the SD-card had to be the problem. Then I realised that I've been using the USB-adapter that came with the DSTWO.

Big misstake. I dug up Another adapter for the SD-card and formated the SD again. Now it runs perfect and ive updated the firmware so it even runs on the 3DS.

There should really be a sticky that warns people not to use the adpter that comes with the DSTWO.

Still a big thanks for your help guys!

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive got this once too,
Dont know if its the exact same problem, but i fixed it by running the alternate menu Bagplug

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country

Erran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EJames,

I just formated my SD-card again and loaded everything you linked into the SD-card root. When I booted I got dual black screens instead of one black and one white. I left it like that for 5 mintues in case it was updating the firmware. But no difference afterwards.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't remember hearing about a DS2 that doesn't work on the DS. This is what your root folder on the DS2 should look like.

34j53fa.jpg

If it looks like this and/or doesn't work when you make it so then you might have a faulty DS2.

LolGuyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If that doesnt work, please give Bagplug a try.
You might find it strange, but i've had exact same errors on those DSes (black screen and stuff on ds lite, and error on DSi)
I dont know how Bagplug fixed it, But i think it has something to do with the cpu levels.

I did that and it worked, after that I could even run the normal EOS fine too.

Erran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does look like that, but still won't work. It might be faulty.

Ill try Bagplug lolguy. Ive googled it and found the download, but I don't quite understand the installation.

Edit: Okay, I managed to comprehend the installation for Bagplug. Same errors, except the 3DS gives dual white screens.

Thanks so much for the replies guys. It looks like the cart might be faulty and I will contact the reseller too see if they can help me.

Erran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found the problem and the solution was simple! After getting the same error on a brand new DSTWO I was stumped. I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong, so the SD-card had to be the problem. Then I realised that I've been using the USB-adapter that came with the DSTWO.

Big misstake. I dug up Another adapter for the SD-card and formated the SD again. Now it runs perfect and ive updated the firmware so it even runs on the 3DS. There should really be a sticky that warns people not to use the adpter that comes with the DSTWO.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have found the problem and the solution was simple! After getting the same error on a brand new DSTWO I was stumped. I knew I wasnt doing anything wrong, so the SD-card had to be the problem. Then I realised that I've been using the USB-adapter that came with the DSTWO.

Big misstake. I dug up Another adapter for the SD-card and formated the SD again. Now it runs perfect and ive updated the firmware so it even runs on the 3DS. There should really be a sticky that warns people not to use the adpter that comes with the DSTWO.

It is considered common knowledge to not use crappy China-made mSD readers.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't use mine very often, but the one that came with my SC works just fine... guess I just got lucky I guess. Good to know that using a different adapter might alleviate future problems. :)

llRaphaHll

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I saw this old post looking for help, but couldnt fix my DSTWO with the information here. After a few hours trying, I found out the problem was with some files I was using, which made the system not load correctly. So, if you do have this kind of problem, check your SD for files that weren't supposed to be there. In my case, there were copies of 2 sav files with strange names (I copied them myself, but could not relate to the problem that started next) that I removed and it really fixed the issue.

Edit:

realized the problem was not the files and, as incredible as it might seen, this really worked for me:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again