Hacking Dstwo vs Dstwo Plus?

D

Deleted User

Do not get the DSTWO Plus, it will brick your console.

If you want 3DS Gateway functionality, seriously, just get a genuine Gateway, it will save you heaps of trouble

D

Deleted User

Do not get the DSTWO Plus, it will brick your console.

If you want 3DS Gateway functionality, seriously, just get a genuine Gateway, it will save you heaps of trouble
Why does it brick your 3DS?

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been 4 unconfirmed reports of the SCDS2+ bricking their console. I have been testing this morning with my N3DS and SCDS2+ with the latest GW firmware and SCDS2 plugins. I haven't bricked yet.

As far as the SCDS2 vs SCDS2+, the + has a faster processor built in and more RAM. With those I assume emulation would be better.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DT bricks consoles! Do you guys not read on here?
I would ask you the same question.
There have been 4 unconfirmed reports of the SCDS2+ bricking their console. I have been testing this morning with my N3DS and SCDS2+ with the latest GW firmware and SCDS2 plugins. I haven't bricked yet.

As far as the SCDS2 vs SCDS2+, the + has a faster processor built in and more RAM. With those I assume emulation would be better.
It is plausible though. However, how many bricks did anyone else get with the last round of bricks?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So how much better is emulation on a DT+?

It isn't any better. It's the same as the old DSTwo. You can still only set the processor speed in the emus to a maximum of 396mhz, which isn't good enough to run Snes and GBA at full speed without frameskip. If the cpu is truly faster on the DSTwo+ in DS mode, the emus would need to be edited and recompiled to allow for a faster processor speed than 396mhz.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would ask you the same question.

It is plausible though. However, how many bricks did anyone else get with the last round of bricks?
It is definately plausible. One of the reports comes from someone I trust, but it was his friend's. Not to talk bad about the other three, but they are all in the same region and have low post count. I don't think it has been fully proven, but on the other hand it hasn't been debunked either.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brick code is in GW 3.5 or higher version. If you stick with GW 3.4.1 you are fine without brick code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c