DStwo sometimes works sometimes doesnt

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MQ404, Dec 25, 2012.

1. MQ404
    OP

MQ404 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    Sorry to be that idiot to start a new thread whoa is me etc.

But I just got my dstwo card in the mail today. According to the site they send them updated and all that. I got NES roms on it and was playing it and it worked fine. However I started getting the "An Error occured turn off power" message randomly. Then it works fine on restart, but then goes back to error.

Everytime I put in the dstwo cartridge it shows up on 3ds menu, so not sure if its connectivity problems (paper fix)

***UPDATE***

Now at times I dont even get the Error message it just goes to a black screen or works randomly.

Also at times the 3ds wont even boot up to the menu screen if I start up the 3ds xl with the DStwo cartridge pushed in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3ds XL (Mario Kart 7 pre installed package) Ver 4.5.0-10U if that helps at all.

Also I have deleted the OS and re-downloaded and still having the same problems (Not a total computer idiot, but not an expert at hacking either lol)

2. ferret7463

ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 21, 2010
    United States
    My older DS2 has a similar problem in the 3ds but not in a regular DS. (Weird, i know) I think it is due to the micro SD not setting right inside the flash card. You might try to Cut a small piece of paper and put in slot on the non connection side of the SD to Card connections.

3. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Same thing occurs with my Acekard 2i on my 3DS. I just take the cartridge out and blow it at the back really lightly, turn the system off for a minute, turn it back on, put the cartridge in, and it works for a long time, I promise you wont face the problem, because... It happened to me.

4. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    EyeZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2009
    It could be a contact issue, try the paper trick http://gbatemp.net/threads/solving-acekard-contact-issues.231412/

5. MQ404
    OP

MQ404 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    thank you for the responses. I tried the paper trick and it seems to work more frequently but is still around 50/50 working. Probably a faulty card. Should be fun trying to get this resolved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice