I notice some banding or something though in some of your screens
what banding?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1325998/ex/upper_screen.bmp

vs

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1325998/ex/upper_s...n%20%282%29.bmp

see what i mean

im not trying to be a dick or anything just bringing it to your attention

that was said in the first post that the conversion did that
thats because the picture was converted from 24bit to 16 bit (from good quality to back quality)
the conversion made those bands
i converted from many different sources but this was the best i could come up with

QUOTE(VatoLoco @ Jul 5 2010, 04:59 PM) QUOTE(kiafazool @ Jul 4 2010, 08:33 AM)
..i know somethings are not from the dstwo skin because they were messed up when they were converted from 24-bit to 16-bit (dstwo uses 24bit skins and acekard uses 16-bit skins)

just wanted to point out that DSTWO skins use the same 16bit format as acekard, not 24 bit.

DSTWOs EOS is based on the akRPG opensource firmware, so their GUI has a lot of similarities to acekard
ok even if it was based of the rpg firmware, they made changes
if u download the dstwo firmware from their website and go to the ui folder and go to the properties of any of the bmp there, they are all in 24-bit format

using the opensource firmware doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same, they could make changes

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
VatoLoco said:
kiafazool said:
..i know somethings are not from the dstwo skin because they were messed up when they were converted from 24-bit to 16-bit (dstwo uses 24bit skins and acekard uses 16-bit skins)

just wanted to point out that DSTWO skins use the same 16bit format as acekard, not 24 bit.

DSTWOs EOS is based on the akRPG opensource firmware, so their GUI has a lot of similarities to acekard
if u download the dstwo firmware from their website and go to the ui folder and go to the properties of any of the bmp there, they are all in 24-bit format

using the opensource firmware doesn't mean it has to be exactly the same, they could make changes

no, you are mistaken, they are not. they are in 16bit straight from the get go.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
kiafazool said:
VatoLoco said:
kiafazool said:

no, you are mistaken, they are not. they are in 16bit straight from the get go.
ok wait let me check

edit:oh your rite
i figured out why the banding is there
ill have to fixed by tommorow
well atleast ill try to fix it
it happened why i saved through ms paint because i had to type in akaio and do all the colours to have it look like DSTWO on the screen
it happened most likely because of paint

edit2: ok i have it figured out
its happening because of mspaint
when you try to save it, it saves as 24bit and when you use save as and save it as 16 bit, it turns to cr@p
does any one have recommendation to a software similar to mspaint (other than photoshop)

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ok guys
i have reuploaded everything and everything is pixel perfect
thanks to vato he made me realize that i was mistaken and the dstwo skins are 16bit, it was me and mspaint that made them 24bit (i hate you microsoft, apple ftw (even though i have not a single thing from apple))

anyways
you guys can now download version 1.1 (i forgot to name it 1.1 accidently named it [NEW])
so enjoy

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice. But I have 2 suggestions:
1. It's possible to use custom fonts on the calendar and clock (Example here). Can you please update your theme to have fonts that match the DSTWO?
2. Can you throw together a theme that resembles the DSTWO's "Silver" theme?

Thanks.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Nice. But I have 2 suggestions:
1. It's possible to use custom fonts on the calendar and clock (Example here). Can you please update your theme to have fonts that match the DSTWO?
2. Can you throw together a theme that resembles the DSTWO's "Silver" theme?

Thanks.
1. ok ill try that. gimme some time most probably tommorow. yaymii can u please link me to the dstwo font
2. ill try but there wont be any space for the date and month and year. only space for clock and i donno how to make the info of the folders and roms come on the screen

QUOTE(Scott-105 @ Jul 6 2010, 04:53 PM) This is pretty good! I'm gonna download it!
thank you
and thank you for download

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I found it, is it okay if I touch it up before sending it to you? It currently doesn't look very clean in AKAIO.

EDIT: Actually, you can't really touch it up. You just need to move it down.

EDIT2: Oh whatever. The files you are looking for is in the EOS (here). You're looking in the '_dstwo\ui\pink\' folder for clock_numbers.bmp and clock_colon.bmp. Just take those files and put them into '__aio\ui\theme\calendar' (no modifications required). You can go to '[big clock]' in 'uisettings.ini' and change x to 122 and y to 144 to make it look nice(r).

BTW, you have the silver theme on the bottom screen, and the pink theme on the top screen.
(I feel like making a DSTWO AK theme now...)

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Okay, I found it, is it okay if I touch it up before sending it to you? It currently doesn't look very clean in AKAIO.

EDIT: Actually, you can't really touch it up. You just need to move it down.

EDIT2: Oh whatever. The files you are looking for is in the EOS (here). You're looking in the '_dstwo\ui\pink\' folder for clock_numbers.bmp and clock_colon.bmp. Just take those files and put them into '__aio\ui\theme\calendar' (no modifications required). You can go to '[big clock]' in 'uisettings.ini' and change x to 122 and y to 144 to make it look nice(r).

BTW, you have the silver theme on the bottom screen, and the pink theme on the top screen.
(I feel like making a DSTWO AK theme now...)
yea i already found the clock font and the colon
what i needed was the font for the days,month,and year

and yes i have the silver theme on the bottom because i like the bottom of the silver better than the bottom of the pink so i combined them
and DONT MAKE A DSTWO AK THEME......................its my project
yaynds.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kiafazool said:
what i needed was the font for the days,month,and yearBut the DSTWO doesn't show that?
kiafazool said:
and yes i have the silver theme on the bottom because i like the bottom of the silver better than the bottom of the pink so i combined themOkay.
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Jul 6 2010, 07:07 PM)
yaynds.gif
frown.gif
Why not? Can't I make one from scratch then? I was going to make it from scratch anyway BTW.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
kiafazool said:
what i needed was the font for the days,month,and yearBut the DSTWO doesn't show that?
kiafazool said:
and yes i have the silver theme on the bottom because i like the bottom of the silver better than the bottom of the pink so i combined themOkay.
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Jul 6 2010, 07:07 PM)
yaynds.gif
frown.gif
Why not? Can't I make one from scratch then? I was going to make it from scratch anyway BTW.
yea i know dstwo doesn't show date
but i was asking if u knew what font that was

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure it uses the font* that the Acekard uses on the game titles (the AceKard.ttf that's included in Dan Taylor's AK skin editor).

And you still didn't answer me. You said "don't make a DSTWO AK theme" even though I was going to make it from scratch. I'm practically 50% done the skin I'm making, but if I release it, I don't want to be competitive or anything. Are you okay with me making a similar theme from scratch?

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i was joking about the skin part
it alright with me
i wanna see a good skin, and made by you OFcourse

i meant that dotted font that the dstwo uses for the clock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1