DSTwo Questions

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Spartan117H3, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

DSTwo Questions by Spartan117H3 at 3:01 AM (1,216 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Spartan117H3
    OP

Member Spartan117H3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a bunch of questions/statements that I need clarification on, sorry, I'm a bit late to the Supercard DSTwo stuff.

1. Patching for the actual hardware for DSi updates - Done by placing the SCDS2 Firmware on the cart and running it for 2 minutes on the warning screen? This is what I heard from somewhere.
    2. GBA Emulator - Not very good right now, 90% of the games lag like Pokemon/etc.
    3. eBook Reader - Currently Nonexistant
    4. Doesn't have much video support yet.
    5. How bulky is it compared to... the old AK2i with the chip in the middle if anyone knows?
    6. If it's bulky enough that people mention it, how is it considered extremely flimsy/bad quality? I'd imagine it being thick and solid although I've read people talking about their cards being split in half in the front while removing it from the packing.
    7. Can it be set up to use internal names rather than the name of the file itself? I heard that was a problem even though the copied the AKAIO Firmware.
    8. Real Time Save/Ingame menu - I heard it was good and fast, how would it compare to the same feature in the CycloDS if anyone knows?
    9. Is ingame cheat really as redundant as it seems to be considering the massive cheat database that GBATemp has right now?
    10. I was told that the Micro SD card gets stuck a lot, is this true?
    11. Will they release a new and improved cart like the AK team did by reducing the chip size that sticks out or at least a possible drop in price any time soon? (Open to speculation)

Thanks, sorry about all the questions.

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    True for all your answers. Except only about 40% of all the GBA games lag. Pokemon doesn't lag well it does but not that much its like 57fps.

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    About the PDF stuff...they've stated it'll be in the next version. I hope so, I want to test it out. [​IMG]

*edit*
    Next version of the EOS for DSTwo, that is.

4. viz

Member viz neckbeard

United States

1. you put a file on your microsd and it takes like 10 seconds to update then it auto deletes the update file
    2. its pretty good, id say 80% compatibility atm
    3. supposedly in next update
    4. no it doesnt
    5. about the same, i dunno
    6. seems fine to me and i have no problems with my dsi, could be a ds lite issue
    7. the top screen shows that info and their is no sort by internal name atm yes
    8. its fast and functional, dont have a cyclods sorry
    9. kind of yes
    10. not in my experience
    11. who knows?

5. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I meant taking the DSTwo out of it's box, not out of a specific DS.

6. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    When I meant lag I didn't mean heavy lag... They are still playable.

7. 9th_Sage

United States
    As for taking it out the box, I have no idea whatsoever what people were talking about. It came out of the box pretty easily for me. I'm going to guess maybe people didn't think to press from the bottom instead of trying to pry it out by force. [​IMG] I guess it is in the packaging pretty tightly, but jeez.

8. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    I dunno, it sounded like they did something stupid, but the way they worded it seemed like they pressed it from the back and the front cracked down the middle or something. Seemed like it was really easy to do.

9. 9th_Sage

United States
    All I can say is that I didn't have any problems at all.

10. Spartan117H3
    OP

United States
    Anyone know if it has any problems with Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver's Anti piracy as in does it need any patching or can I use my fresh rom? It currently works perfectly in my AK2i.