Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The DSTWO is great, but has its problems. Mainly how it drains the battery while in sleep mode because the CPU in the card is still active.

It would be great is the DSTWO PLUS fixed this, and would also be great if playback of SFC/GBA games were in 3DS mode, but I'm doubting that.

Reactions: rainparadesamurai

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Looks interesting, I'm interested to see how this works as well.
Saying that it has Gateway emulation is abit weird, but like what others have said, they must have some joint deal with Gateway.
I'm curious as to what the price would be. I'd say it'd be the most expensive because of the better hardware (if it ends up being any better) and an all-in-one solution.

And to the people criticizing about flash carts in general and how they're either a waste of money or not needed, you have to realise that not everybody knows or wants to install CFW.
I just bought a new 3DS and I ended up getting a Sky3DS because it just works for what I'm wanting to do. I didn't want to run the risk of bricking my console that I just bought so I could play some roms. And not to mention, flash carts also appeal to a different market then the people on these forums, kids. Parents may buy a 3DS for there kids, but don't want to spend a fortune on games, or want to have them on 1 card so the kids don't lose them. Buying a flash cart (depends on what it is, some are also weird to install/get working) is alot easier.
Also, when I was deciding whether to get a flash cart or CFW, I found it really confusing which CFW I should get. There are a few out there and they all have advantages and disadvantages. Some are compatible with my console, others aren't. Some do this, some do that. Some documentation was outdated, so some things either weren't listed or I may have not realised that what I thought wasnt compatible for my console, was actually updated to support it. It ended up confusing me when all I wanted to do was just play 3DS roms. So I went out and bought a Sky3DS because it was simple, I just bought a micro sd card, downloaded their diskwrite software and template, followed the included guide, did what it said and put the card in my console, then started playing. CFW, you need entry points, may require an extra game like Cubic Ninjas which can be hard to find and all this other stuff just to get it installed.

Sorry for the rant, but people need to realise that while CFW is great, that doesn't mean the flash carts are stupid and not needed. It may be for you, but not for the rest of us who either don't know/want to endevour into CFW installation or are worried about breaking/bricking their brand new console.
Great points. Also similar to people who say you shouldn't pay extra for a modded Wii as you can do it yourself for free - it takes time. I'd rather pay someone who knows what they're doing $50/hour to do it in one hour than spend 6 myself and maybe not get a result, especially when I could be working at my own job for $30/hour.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
According to this reseller, the DSTwo Plus will retail for £99. http://www.gateway-3ds.net/superflashcard-dstwo-plus.html
Meh, I rather get a 2DS for $99 since it has 9.2 and I can get accurate NES, GB, GBC, and GBA Ambassador games running at full speed (Too bad the Ambassador GBA games wouldn't have "restore points" but that's not really a big loss since most GBA aren't that difficult unlike NES and GB/GBC games)

just remembering that they are displaying a hoax picture... months ago some person spread fake news about dstwo, made some images in purple claiming lots of stuff, stores ended up grabbing that fake info and started to display on the website...

that store pages are the remains of the hoax, the price on them doesn't mean a thing since it was a inflated random price..

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it can emulate a real cartridge, it could be a good alternative to Sky3DS. Let's see what SC got.
We know that they are going to run Gateway stuff but they may provide a Sky3DS-like alternative on the same card... I don't know but if they do updatable hardware (to overcome the AP measures) with Sky3DS-like mode. (aka emulate cartridge)
If you add this to all the emulators + NDS games, all in one, it can be a good product for people 9.3 and above.

But yes, as everyone told it before, if 3DS games can be launch only on 9.2 and above systems, there isn't any interest: People on 9.2< can already launch CFW for 3DS games, they can buy a cheap R4i Gold-and-Silver-and-Blue-with-Red-Dots-on-it for NDS games, they can use custom VC games for GBA, there is plenty of emulators that are being developed are working quite well in DS mode, ...

I think that 9.2 and above users aren't a market anymore for flashcards team. If they want to sell something to people, they must aim people who don't have an exploitable system for free...

Wait and see.

Last edited by Ekaitz,

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hope this card can support all N3DS regular/XL 9.3+ up to the latest firmwares, coz gateway team is very lazy making support on latest firmware on N3DS and latest emunand for N3DS. they just always replied me/us "still no news for supporting new firmwares and still they working on it jeez

Last edited by Imparasite,

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hope this card can support all N3DS regular/XL 9.2 up to the latest firmwares, coz gateway team is very lazy making support on latest firmware on N3DS and latest emunand for N3DS. they just always replied me/us "still no news for supporting new firmwares and still they working on it jeez
Talk about ignorance :gba:

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
hope this card can support all N3DS regular/XL 9.2 up to the latest firmwares, coz gateway team is very lazy making support on latest firmware on N3DS and latest emunand for N3DS. they just always replied me/us "still no news for supporting new firmwares and still they working on it jeez
Well, if there is no solution, they can't make it work magically. At the moment, there is no (known) kernel exploit on 9.3+, and due to NATIVE_FIRM using new encryption on N3DS since 9.6+, it is impossible to update emunand. But isn't that useless anyway, since there is firmware spoofing?
EDIT : And actually, Gateway does support N3DS up to 9.2... (or I don't understand what you're saying)

Reactions: kiwiis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show