DSTwo Plus only adds gateway mode pretty much?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by masterz87, May 6, 2017.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I haven't been able to figure this out. They proudly state 32MiB of ram yet that's what it always had as far as I can remember, and the cpu is 396mhz whereas it's always been able to up to 396mhz.

From what I can see the more flash is solely there so that they can rewrite the fpga to switch between ds/3ds mode and the more gates is a similar thing. So is that really it? If so why, gateway was already on it's way out when it was announced as CFW was becoming more and more popular.

The sole thing I can maybe see that's different is that the cpu is by default 396mhz instead of 360mhz(that's what most emulators used as their defautl so I assume slowmo,rts,cheat etc use that speed too)

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Yes all that was added was a brickway

3. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I figured as much, makes no sense. they should've went with qq3ds or whatver the other one's caled. They already have a realtime OS developed for the thing and they were also using an FPGA that was the size of the gateway I believe or a bit larger. The rest had way fewer logic cells. So by doubling it they could've easily done that and just added a button ontop to switch back and forth. Oh well since no one's selling dstwo anymore and I've lost my 3ds with the cart in it, i guess I'm going tohave to buy a dstwo+ with the brickway premium.

4. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    qq3ds is also a ripoff of brickway

5. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    i thought qq3ds was a ripoff of sky3ds.

6. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Well its a clone of one thoes 2

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Actually, they switched a ReiNAND based CFW called "freeCFW." It's based on an older version of ReiNAND and lacks tons of features like FIRM0/1 protection and even CFW on sysNAND.
    Don't buy flashcarts, they are always out of date and just junk.

CheatFreak47, Shadow#1 and DinohScene like this.
  8. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    _ds_ mode flashcarts that's what this whole thread is about. Unless ndsbootstrap somehow has 100% compatability ds mode flashcarts are pretty much required.

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I was answering the question in the title by correcting the information shown. As for the DS-Mode, it will 100%. Actually really all DS flashcarts these days will have 100% perfect compatibility

10. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    I said ndsboostrap not the dstwo+ I already had dstwo. That's why ds mode flashcarts are still necessary. this entire thread was me asking if they basically did jack shit on the ds side and isntead just slapped some crap on to keep their sales figures up.