simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I got two of these (both cards intended to be used on the 3DS) one of them is working just fine but the other has issues. The problem is that when I try to get back to the home menu, it either freezes to a blank screen or returns to the menu but the card is no longer recognized (I have to turn off the console to make it work again) Is there a solution or is it a bad card?

I've already tried to load the FW again.

sorry about my poor english

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the "bad card" will boot up and and you are doing what, before it freezes? Are you in Moonshell or the Games folder? Are you playing a game and using soft reset? Are you using Windows or Panasonic SD Formatter to format your micro sd card? Explain with more detail please.

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the card boot up and load backup games fine, but doesn't matter what I'm doing at the time (playing a backup, in the folder menu, in main menu, etc.) if I try to get back to the 3DS home menu It either freezes the console or gets back to the menu but the card is not recognized anymore

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you doing to return to the 3DS menu EXACTLY? Are you using the exact same micro sd card in both Supercards?
In your "Start Menu" there is a selection called "Setting" and then "Simple Hotkey" check that you are using the right button combination to return to the menu.

If you are pressing the "Start" button on the 3DS to reset the 3DS and the Supercard doesn't show up then most likely it's a contact problem. Clean the contacts.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I watched your video and understand what you're talking about. Question, what happens if you use the micro sd card that is in the good Supercard DSTwo? If it has no problems getting back to the 3DS main menu, and is still recognized by the 3DS, you can be certain your problem is the micro sd card itself. The firmware is either set-up wrong, or the micro sd card needs to be formatted properly, use Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 for best results. If the "good" micro sd card exhibits the same problem as the "bad" micro sd card, then you can be certain that your micro sd reader, inside of the DSTwo, is defective.

**NOTE** A Supercard DSTwo shows up as "no game is inserted" on the 3DS home menu with no micro sd card in, this is rare among flash cards, so your issue shows the micro sd reader is for some reason, or another, losing contact with the micro sd card, and is of course the problem. I wonder how long you've had your "bad" Supercard DSTwo? You should be getting similar problems such as game freezes, due to the micro sd reader inside the DSTwo losing contact.

simonhwsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what happens if you use the micro sd card that is in the good Supercard DSTwo?

Exactly the same

If the "good" micro sd card exhibits the same problem as the "bad" micro sd card, then you can be certain that your micro sd reader, inside of the DSTwo, is defective.

:( I'm sorry to hear that, so there's nothing I can do to fix it?

I wonder how long you've had your "bad" Supercard DSTwo

I bought both in december, but I was keeping the second one to give it to mi nephew but I didn't even tested it until yesterday

You should be getting similar problems such as game freezes, due to the micro sd reader inside the DSTwo losing contact.

I've played some backups and nothing strange happens until I try to go back to 3DS home menu.

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the files you are re- placing onto the DS2i are fom a reliable source (pos. the working card) other wise you are creating your own confusion by poss replacing the problem too. I also suggest when the carts sys files treat them as sets and replace all those that worked together with another full set that works (proven) together. Mixing these files can cause troubles because parts become updated and others not. GL

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the "good" micro sd card exhibits the same problem as the "bad" micro sd card, then you can be certain that your micro sd reader, inside of the DSTwo, is defective.

:( I'm sorry to hear that, so there's nothing I can do to fix it?
Just explain the situation to your seller and ask for a replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over